OM-D EM1X can't change time settings

The Eternal Novice

Mu-43 Rookie
Real Name
Thomas
Upon going to summertime a few days ago I wanted to change the time settings on my camera.
But the option in the meny is "greyed out" I simply can't access the option :-(
I'ved tried to load some backup settings in Workspace, but that didn't help.
I've also tried different batteries but also no luck.
Anyone with some ideas to how I get forward here ?

bargainguy

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Don
I believe "Auto Time Adjust" is an option in the E-M1X menu. When it's on, the camera derives clock time from GPS info. You can disable it by going into Clock Settings in the Format/wrench menu. p. 48 of the manual.

The Eternal Novice

Mu-43 Rookie
Real Name
Thomas
I believe "Auto Time Adjust" is an option in the E-M1X menu. When it's on, the camera derives clock time from GPS info. You can disable it by going into Clock Settings in the Format/wrench menu. p. 48 of the manual.

Thats the menu option I can't access.
I've tried to disable the GPS, but still can't access the option.
A reset of the camera also doesn't help.

bargainguy

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Don
Then I refer you to p. 455 of the manual, Setting The Camera Clock:

• The clock cannot be set if the camera’s internal memory contains an unsaved sensor log. “Field Sensor Logs” (P. 571)

If you have an unsaved sensor log, can't change the clock. Follow the procedure on p. 571 to clear.

Curious, have you even looked at the manual? That's where I'm getting my answers from.

The Eternal Novice

Mu-43 Rookie
Real Name
Thomas
Then I refer you to p. 455 of the manual, Setting The Camera Clock:

• The clock cannot be set if the camera’s internal memory contains an unsaved sensor log. “Field Sensor Logs” (P. 571)

If you have an unsaved sensor log, can't change the clock. Follow the procedure on p. 571 to clear.

Curious, have you even looked at the manual? That's where I'm getting my answers from.

Well only sort of, I was relying on memory about changing the time. But I'll slap my fingers and do that another time, because what the manual says quickly solved the problem.
So I'm sorry I didn't look the obvious place before reaching out for help here, but lesson learned :(

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom