OM-D EM10 flash options

Discussion in 'Lighting Forum' started by JulietMikeBravo, Oct 25, 2014.

1. JulietMikeBravo

JulietMikeBravo New to Mu-43

Oct 2, 2014
    I recently transferred all my stuff from EF to MFT and I am looking to find a suitable flash. I usually do existing light but there are situations where I need proper flash. On my 60d I used a cheap but very well working Yongnuo YN468. I want a similar solution for my EM10, which means decent power, TTL support and a full swivel head for bouncing. Price is also a factor, preferably below €100.

I am currently looking at a secondhand FL36 on eBay but I wonder if there are other, better options.

2. swede

swede Mu-43 Veteran Subscribing Member

Oct 25, 2014
    +1 also need tips. Flash has have swiwel and tilt. And preferebly ttl and the ability to ttl through cable of camera.

3. JulietMikeBravo

JulietMikeBravo New to Mu-43

Oct 2, 2014
    I ended up buying a secondhand FL-36. Too bad there are no proper alternatives than buying original Oly gear. Most camera manufacturer flash units are vastly overpriced in my opinion. It's a xenon flash unit, some TTL and control logic, no rocket science. On Canon I used a Yongnuo TTL flash. Sturdy as hell, cheap and fully compatible. Hope that kind of stuff will also become available to MFT users...

4. randyspan

randyspan Mu-43 Veteran

May 24, 2014
    New Hampshire, USA
    Randy Spann
    I've been looking at:
    Bower SFD728O Dedicated AF TTL Flash for Olympus/Panasonic E-620/E-520/ E-PL5/E-PM2, Panasonic DMC-G5/G6/G10/GH2/GF6/GX1
    on Amazon. I wonder if it will work TTL on EM10.

5. darrenleow

darrenleow Mu-43 Regular

Sep 30, 2011
    Singapore
    Nissin i40

Sent from my A0001 using Mu-43 mobile app

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.