1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

OM-D EM-5

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by pierre1944, May 2, 2012.

1. pierre1944

pierre1944 New to Mu-43

Apr 4, 2012
    When will the silver body/black 12-50 kit be available? I'd like an exact date, but a wild guess will do if the B&H can't do better, on the assumption that his wild guess will be more enlightened than mine.

2. Chuck-B&H

Chuck-B&H Sponsor

Apr 28, 2012
    Hello,

I am sorry, I am unable to provide you with an "exact date" or "wild guess". Olympus has assured us they are "shipping as many cameras to B&H as it was possible for them". As we are accepting advance orders, the cameras we are getting in are being prep'd and shipped to customers. When supply and demand will level off, I do not know.

3. dakarp

dakarp New to Mu-43

May 22, 2012
    I noticed that you are no longer accepting advanced orders on the silver kits. Since I'm waiting for a silver kit pre-order from B&H, I'm wondering if this is a good sign or a bad one? :smile:

4. Chuck-B&H

Chuck-B&H Sponsor

Apr 28, 2012
    Hello,

My feeling is we may have more back orders than our buyer expects to receive in the near future. I am sure as supply and demand level off the web status will change.

5. dakarp

dakarp New to Mu-43

May 22, 2012
    Well, that's disappointing, but at least I know not to hold my breath. Thanks for the reply!

6. rxstuve

rxstuve Mu-43 Regular

Mar 14, 2012
    USA
    Dakarp
    I placed my order for a silver kit 12/50 on 3/27 and it is shipping today. Perhaps that can help you to keep from turning blue from holding breath. :smile:

Semper fi
    Rick

7. Jimbo3rd

Jimbo3rd Photog GoGo

Mar 10, 2011
    Central Florida/Disney area
    Jim Sullivan
    Chuck,
    I have an order placed 4/30 for a Silver body, do you think that I'm heading to the over back ordered catigory and should figure on missing out receiving the camera for the rebate date in June?? In other words should I cancel and look elsewhere before it's too late?

8. dakarp

dakarp New to Mu-43

May 22, 2012
    Looks like the OM-D is now "back-ordered" on B&H. Does this mean that enough are shipping now to clear the backlog in the foreseeable future? I hope so!

I ordered at the beginning of May, so I know there are a lot of people ahead of me in line, but I'm hopeful again that it won't be TOO long now.