OM-D EM-5 in Big Bend

MikeWhitten

Mu-43 Regular
All,

Not sure if this is the right forum; maybe nature? If it needs to be moved, okay!

Using much wisdom from this forum I've put together an EM-5 kit for travel. Well, I'm on my third annual Big Bend trip and decided to try out the kit before taking it on an out of the country voyage.

I brought along my Nexus 7, a SD card reader, the Wordpress app, and Snapseed. I thought I'd try out updating photos from the road. It's been a blast! So portable and shockingly easy to use. Snapseed even has control points for you Nik fans; amazing to me as I'd only used it on the PC.

For the moment there are only travel photos up but shortly I'll add kit photos and my thoughts on using it for this sort of trip.

If you're interested:
http://www.limestonecreekphotography.com/blog/

will get you to the current photos.

Mike

YantaYo

Mu-43 Regular
I have been to Big Bend 1 time and loved it. Only regret is at the time only had a PS camera. Next time I will be packing the OMD. Big Bend is a major Bird Watching Park which is the major reason I will be going back. Love the scenery too.

pdk42

One of the "Eh?" team
Lovely shots - I especially like the first one ("The Chisos, Mule Ears, and Cerro Castellan stacked up in the evening light"). Keep posting. Wish I was there too!

GFFPhoto

Mu-43 All-Pro
I really liked "Nearly full moon over the Frio River bank, Garner State Park.". Great shot. Is that the 7-14?

slothead

Mu-43 All-Pro
Nice shots, Mike. I'm enjoying your blog.

I see you're from Houston? I live in Clear Lake. Maybe we'll run into each other sometime.
My brother lives in Clear Lake, used to be right on the lake, they just moved to the golf course.

Real Name
M@
I've lived in Texas for 23 years now, and I've never been there! I may end up going with a motorcycle group in September. If I do, the EM-5 will be in my tank bag, so I can shoot some pictures!

MikeWhitten

Mu-43 Regular
Nice shots, Mike. I'm enjoying your blog.

I see you're from Houston? I live in Clear Lake. Maybe we'll run into each other sometime.

Should be easy enough to arrange - I work in Clear Lake. Shoot me a PM if you like.

Latest threads

Top Bottom