1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

OM-D EM-5 in Big Bend

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by MikeWhitten, Feb 28, 2013.

1. MikeWhitten

MikeWhitten Mu-43 Regular

Dec 29, 2012
    All,

Not sure if this is the right forum; maybe nature? If it needs to be moved, okay!

Using much wisdom from this forum I've put together an EM-5 kit for travel. Well, I'm on my third annual Big Bend trip and decided to try out the kit before taking it on an out of the country voyage.

I brought along my Nexus 7, a SD card reader, the Wordpress app, and Snapseed. I thought I'd try out updating photos from the road. It's been a blast! So portable and shockingly easy to use. Snapseed even has control points for you Nik fans; amazing to me as I'd only used it on the PC.

For the moment there are only travel photos up but shortly I'll add kit photos and my thoughts on using it for this sort of trip.

If you're interested:
    http://www.limestonecreekphotography.com/blog/

will get you to the current photos.

Mike

• Like Like x 3
  2. Photodan1

Photodan1 Mu-43 Regular

Jun 26, 2012
    Nashville, Tennessee, USA
    Dan
    Great set Mike! Very nice

I grew up in Texas and did some backpacking in Big Bend while in college around 1980.

3. YantaYo

YantaYo Mu-43 Regular

Apr 18, 2012
    Colorado
    I have been to Big Bend 1 time and loved it. Only regret is at the time only had a PS camera. Next time I will be packing the OMD. Big Bend is a major Bird Watching Park which is the major reason I will be going back. Love the scenery too.

4. pdk42

pdk42 One of the "Eh?" team

Jan 11, 2013
    Leamington Spa, UK
    Lovely shots - I especially like the first one ("The Chisos, Mule Ears, and Cerro Castellan stacked up in the evening light"). Keep posting. Wish I was there too!

5. MikeWhitten

Dec 29, 2012
  6. GFFPhoto

GFFPhoto Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 24, 2013
    I really liked "Nearly full moon over the Frio River bank, Garner State Park.". Great shot. Is that the 7-14?

7. rfortson

rfortson Mu-43 Veteran

Nice shots, Mike. I'm enjoying your blog.

I see you're from Houston? I live in Clear Lake. Maybe we'll run into each other sometime.

8. slothead

slothead Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 14, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    My brother lives in Clear Lake, used to be right on the lake, they just moved to the golf course.

9. rfortson

rfortson Mu-43 Veteran

Small world! The joke about Clear Lake is that it's neither. :)

10. FrayAdjacent

FrayAdjacent Mu-43 Regular

Dec 5, 2012
    Austin, TX
    M@
    I've lived in Texas for 23 years now, and I've never been there! I may end up going with a motorcycle group in September. If I do, the EM-5 will be in my tank bag, so I can shoot some pictures!

11. MikeWhitten

Dec 29, 2012
    Thanks! That one was with the Oly 12mm.

12. MikeWhitten

Dec 29, 2012
    Should be easy enough to arrange - I work in Clear Lake. Shoot me a PM if you like.

13. MikeWhitten

Dec 29, 2012
    That's funny! I actually live in Beach City (east of Baytown) and regularly say there's no beach and no city. :biggrin: