OM-D EM-5 Exposure Compensation

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by klarity, May 11, 2012.

1. klarity

klarity Mu-43 Regular

May 8, 2012
    My display is constantly showing an exposure compensation of +0.3 Ev. Can someone point me to the part of the menu that allows me to this at zero. I'm beginning to think that I can't see for looking!

Is it possible to assign exposure compensation to a bottom or ring?

Also is there such a thing as a "neutral" setting under "picture"? I'm using (3) "Natural" as I don't seem to be a ble to find an "off"

I'm really impressed with the IQ although I can only assess jpeg at the moment as I'm still waiting on Aperture to support the format. All indications are though that it is at least as good as my non full frame Nikon SLR.
  2. RussellOlaguer

RussellOlaguer Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 12, 2012
    Paranaque, Philippines
    Russell Olaguer
    if you are in aperture priority mode, just rotate the front dial.
    it's for exposure compensation.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. klarity

klarity Mu-43 Regular

May 8, 2012
    Thanks Russell

That front dial is so subtle that I thought it was the shutter release collar!

Yes, I am in Aperture Priority Mode. I've obviously caught the forward rotating control by accident.

Still learning with this thing - very different from the 40 years of Nikons that I'm used to. Can't help but be impressed though.
  4. MikeB

MikeB Mu-43 Regular

Jun 10, 2010
    Atlanta, GA
    'Natural' is what you want, that's Oly-speak for 'neutral'.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. strang

strang Mu-43 Veteran

May 7, 2012
    Neutral is natural? Good to know!

If there is a quick and dirty Nikon to Olympus conversion guide somewhere it would be great! I'm in the same boat as klarity.