OM-D EM-5 Australian Stock thread, list prices and availability

Real Name
Nic
I wonder if any of the JB HiFis in Brisbane have them at the $1300 price. I might have to make a few calls tomorrow. Does anyone know what the RRP of the grip is in Aus?

moccaman

Mu-43 Veteran
I have a feeling the average australian earns more than the average american.
Much more, go work part time in say Kmart or BigW here you will be on $20 an hour, go work in Walmart and you will be on around 7 bucks an hour. Straight from the horses mouth. In the UK the minimum wage is like 8 pounds or less. Our wages are much higher than they should be, and so are our costs and capital purchases. Personally if I could buy the body here for around 1150 and its 999 in B&H & shipping, I will buy it here everytime and support the local dealers. If it was 1300-1400 here for body only I would think more about it.

Real Name
Nic
Ted's Cameras at Adelaide St in Brisbane have one black E-M5 + 14-42mm IIR kit in stock (now covered in my greasy fingerprints!). List price is $1299 but without prompting they were prepared to go to $1240. Loved the look, size and feel of the camera BTW, like a Pen on steroids. Despite having the camera in my hot little hands right then and there, a visit to JB HiFi on Albert St has resulted in the Melbourne store now having one less black E-M5 + 12-50mm kit. The Melbourne (Elizabeth St) store is apparently the only one on Australia that will be stocking the E-M5 for the time being but the camera can be ordered and shipped to any other JB store for no extra cost. They honoured the $1300 price mentioned earlier in this thread despite the list price being over $1400 (speak to Ro, tell her Nic sent you :wink:). Finger crossed, it should be here by Friday.

P.S. Thanks for the heads up re: JB HiFi!

Bhupinder2002

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Available in Teds at Chadstone Melbourne

Wow. I managed to play with this new beast in Teds camera house at Chadstone in Melbourne and let me tell u this camera s gonna hit every MILCs arse quite hard. Its a beautiful piece of technology .
Cheers
Bhupinder

Bhupinder2002

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Hi Nic
I have already ordered body only from BH and Teds didn't have body only. I will wait for a week to hear from BH , if it doesn't arrive then I will get it from Teds or JBHI FI
Cheers

Real Name
Nic
Anybody knows if JB SYD have the e-m5 body only and kit?

When I went into the Brisbane store today they did a search and Elizabeth St in Melbourne was the only store that showed up with the E-M5 in stock. The estimated time for delivery from Melbourne to Brisbane was 3-5 days using JB's own internal courier network. Melbourne to Sydney may be a day less. Ordering from another store requires full payment up front.

Real Name
Andrew
Luckypenguin said:
When I went into the Brisbane store today they did a search and Elizabeth St in Melbourne was the only store that showed up with the E-M5 in stock. The estimated time for delivery from Melbourne to Brisbane was 3-5 days using JB's own internal courier network. Melbourne to Sydney may be a day less. Ordering from another store requires full payment up front.

Thanks Nic. Im still thinking if i should get one now. Or buy lenses first before i get the em5 later this year. Im itching to use an evf and not willing to buy the vf2 since im almost sold on the em5. Im just thinking when to get it.

In case youre wondering, im having my uncle get one from JB and ship it to the PI if ever i get it now. I cant wait for december to get it myself. LOL or maybe HK this May will give me a few bucks off. But will almost definitely get one

Bhupinder2002

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Luckypenguin said:

Hi Nic
Do u want me to buy and send u myself ? But again it may take 4-5 days as Auspost won't send it by air because of lithium battery rule .
Cheers
Bhupinder

Real Name
Nic
Thanks for the offer Bhupinder, but I already placed my order with JB yesterday :smile:. It's meant to arrive here by late next week.

Adubo, I was curious. I know you'd mentioned on flickr about visiting Australia this year. We'll see how long you can hold out on the E-M5, eh? :wink:

Latest threads

Top Bottom