OM-D EM-1 Mk III now available in AU

peterwgallagher

Mu-43 Regular
As of about 9:00 pm on 24 Feb at Digidirect (and probably elsewhere): https://www.digidirect.com.au/olympus-om-d-e-m1-mark-iii-camera-body-black. $A2949. Just a couple of hours ago it was still pre-order. Now the site says "add to cart".

There's also a coupon for an Anker Power Core available for registering with OLY. I plan to purchase so I can send my Mk II off to OLY to have the blasted RH grip-leather re-attached (& get the sensor cleaned, too). Well... That's my excuse.

peterwgallagher

Mu-43 Regular
BTW, that price is an interesting reflection on the calculations of suppliers and retailers. The B&H price is $US1799 which, at the best exchange rate, is just $AU220 shy of the DigiDirect price. So after shipping and import tax (mostly GST) there is no advantage in buying in the USA. Is this good or bad for consumers? I'd say, good since buying locally also includes the (intangible) value of immediate gratification which is not factored into the $ comparison.

peterwgallagher

Mu-43 Regular
I was in my Local DigiDirect this morning and they had no word yet on availability, or that maybe what they have been told to say.
When I called the Melb. CBD store this morning, the sales-woman told me that they expect deliveries in a week or so but they’re all committed to pre-orders. It seems they swapped from accepting pre-orders to accepting orders without having any actual stock. Hmm....

retiredfromlife

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Well Digidirect have some in stock today. Got a call to come in and collect mine.
Never pre ordered any thing before, especially at the price I paid knowing it would be cheaper mid year or so.
But I did anyway, first time for everything and whats done is done :doh:

Darn battery has been in the charger for an hour now, and still single second flashing, going to be a long wait.............

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom