OM-D E-M5 screen protector advice. Touch not necessary

Akashi

Mu-43 Regular
I am looking for a durable screen protector for my OM-D 5. I do not use the touch ability of the screen, so that is not important. I would prefer something like Nikon uses on the screen so it is well protected in the bag. Even a plastic opaque cover would be fine if it snaps tightly on the screen, I mainly use the viewfinder anyway. I find the small thin protectors a bit to thin, that´s why I want something more sturdy. Any ideas?

Akashi

Mu-43 Regular
Something like the GGS glass screen protector?
Don`t think touchs screen would work with a GGS fitted and would have to find the right size for your camera
http://www.ggs020.com/en/products/sp2.html
Excellent! Something like that yes. Seems their target is DSLRs though - I wonder if you glue the protector on, would it come back off without leaving glue-marks around the edge?

nog

New to Mu-43
Real Name
Keith
Please check but pretty sure you can use something like a hair dryer to warm the screen/glue up a little then it will come off ok.

Replytoken

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ken
I doubt that you will find many thicker protectors that you are seeking because the screen is designed to tilt, and that would require a much different (and I presume more difficult) design than the fixed plastic protectors on many of the Nikon bodies.

Good luck,

--Ken

Akashi

Mu-43 Regular
I doubt that you will find many thicker protectors that you are seeking because the screen is designed to tilt, and that would require a much different (and I presume more difficult) design than the fixed plastic protectors on many of the Nikon bodies.

Good luck,

--Ken
Rats I didn´t think of that.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom