OM-D E-M5 screen protector advice. Touch not necessary

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Akashi, Jun 16, 2014.

1. Akashi

Akashi Mu-43 Regular

Jun 1, 2010
    Tromso, Norway
    I am looking for a durable screen protector for my OM-D 5. I do not use the touch ability of the screen, so that is not important. I would prefer something like Nikon uses on the screen so it is well protected in the bag. Even a plastic opaque cover would be fine if it snaps tightly on the screen, I mainly use the viewfinder anyway. I find the small thin protectors a bit to thin, that´s why I want something more sturdy. Any ideas?

2. nog

nog New to Mu-43

May 25, 2014
    North Wales, UK
    Keith
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Akashi

Akashi Mu-43 Regular

Jun 1, 2010
    Tromso, Norway
    Excellent! Something like that yes. Seems their target is DSLRs though - I wonder if you glue the protector on, would it come back off without leaving glue-marks around the edge?

4. nog

nog New to Mu-43

May 25, 2014
    North Wales, UK
    Keith
    Please check but pretty sure you can use something like a hair dryer to warm the screen/glue up a little then it will come off ok.

5. Replytoken

Replytoken Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 7, 2012
    Puget Sound
    Ken
    I doubt that you will find many thicker protectors that you are seeking because the screen is designed to tilt, and that would require a much different (and I presume more difficult) design than the fixed plastic protectors on many of the Nikon bodies.

Good luck,

--Ken

6. Akashi

Akashi Mu-43 Regular

Jun 1, 2010
    Tromso, Norway
    Rats I didn´t think of that.