1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

OM-D E-M5 screen protector advice. Touch not necessary

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Akashi, Jun 16, 2014.

1. Akashi

Akashi Mu-43 Regular

Jun 1, 2010
    Tromso, Norway
    I am looking for a durable screen protector for my OM-D 5. I do not use the touch ability of the screen, so that is not important. I would prefer something like Nikon uses on the screen so it is well protected in the bag. Even a plastic opaque cover would be fine if it snaps tightly on the screen, I mainly use the viewfinder anyway. I find the small thin protectors a bit to thin, that´s why I want something more sturdy. Any ideas?

2. nog

nog New to Mu-43

May 25, 2014
    North Wales, UK
    Keith
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Akashi

Akashi Mu-43 Regular

Jun 1, 2010
    Tromso, Norway
    Excellent! Something like that yes. Seems their target is DSLRs though - I wonder if you glue the protector on, would it come back off without leaving glue-marks around the edge?

4. nog

nog New to Mu-43

May 25, 2014
    North Wales, UK
    Keith
    Please check but pretty sure you can use something like a hair dryer to warm the screen/glue up a little then it will come off ok.

5. Replytoken

Replytoken Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 7, 2012
    Puget Sound
    Ken
    I doubt that you will find many thicker protectors that you are seeking because the screen is designed to tilt, and that would require a much different (and I presume more difficult) design than the fixed plastic protectors on many of the Nikon bodies.

Good luck,

--Ken

6. Akashi

Akashi Mu-43 Regular

Jun 1, 2010
    Tromso, Norway
    Rats I didn´t think of that.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.