1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

OM-D E-M5 photo post

Discussion in 'Micro 4/3 News and Rumors' started by TDP, Apr 29, 2012.

1. TDP

TDP Guest

Just picked mine up this weekend, here is a shot. Let's see yours!

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/tdp_photos/7124599871/" title="Olympus OM-D E-M5 Test Shot by Photos by TDP, on Flickr">"500" height="281" alt="Olympus OM-D E-M5 Test Shot"></a>

2. TDP

TDP Guest

This one SOOC

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/tdp_photos/7124232387/" title="OM-D E-M5 test shots SOOC by Photos by TDP, on Flickr"> 7124232387_a3f1488ed8. "500" height="375" alt="OM-D E-M5 test shots SOOC"></a>

3. M4/3

M4/3 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 24, 2011
    I'd like to hear about camera settings that were used to produce any OCC jpegs that are posted, especially outdoor photos. I'm finding it harder to figure out settings that produce great looking OCC jpegs with the E-M5 vs my E-PL1. The default levels of saturation and contrast seem to be higher with the E-M5, so I need to figure out how to modify them without adversely affecting other aspects of the pictures.

The E-M5 has a new feature apparently called "tone curve adjustment". Adjustments are made via pressing the Fn2 button and then rotating the main and sub dials. I havn't played with that adjustment yet and shall try it today.

4. dgorman47

dgorman47 Mu-43 Regular

Mar 13, 2012
    Connecticut
    Dutch
    There is an image thread for the OMD started already.

5. TDP

TDP Guest

Thanks I will move these there

6. TDP

TDP Guest

Most image editing programs that I've used have this as well (PS, LR, GIMP), a common way to add punch to your contrast is to push the curve up to the right of the center point and push it down to the left of center. I apply that in PS to many of my DSLR shots, unless I'm using a lens that is heavy on contrast already like a CZ.