OM-D E-M5 not focusing on shutter half-pressed

stpaul77

New to Mu-43
Hello,

My OM-D does not autofocus upon half-pressing of the shutter button. I changed the focus settings (AF/MF/S-AF+MF, etc) that were assigned to different buttons, as well as shooting modes (M/Auto/P, etc) but did not help. I even reset the settings and used the camera in factory settings, but this did not help either. What could I be doing wrong?

Or is it that the camera is faulty? I bought the camera recently on amazon. I can return it, but would prefer not to if the community here can help me out with this issue. Thanks.

specialagenttuna

Mu-43 Regular
Hello,

My OM-D does not autofocus upon half-pressing of the shutter button. I changed the focus settings (AF/MF/S-AF+MF, etc) that were assigned to different buttons, as well as shooting modes (M/Auto/P, etc) but did not help. I even reset the settings and used the camera in factory settings, but this did not help either. What could I be doing wrong?

Or is it that the camera is faulty? I bought the camera recently on amazon. I can return it, but would prefer not to if the community here can help me out with this issue. Thanks.

I had this happen once. Didn't realize I had moved the manual focus part of my 12-40 lens back so it was in manual focus on the lens but auto focus in menu. Check that first

stpaul77

New to Mu-43
I had this happen once. Didn't realize I had moved the manual focus part of my 12-40 lens back so it was in manual focus on the lens but auto focus in menu. Check that first
I had indeed read, in a few forums, what you wrote above. I used to think, 'oh that's really naive; won't happen to me'. But that was EXACTLY the problem. Got stuck on this for a good couple of hours and boy, do I feel stupid! Thank you for your reply!

D

Deleted member 20897

It happens to all of us. Not to long ago, I answered a post about someone accidentally moving the focus clutch on the Oly 17/1.8.

It's just another one of those things that you add to your troubleshooting checklist when things like this happen.

SkiHound

Mu-43 Veteran
I've had that happen several times as well. First time was a bit disconcerting. Didn't take too long before it dawned on me the lens had a manual focus clutch.

Latest threads

Top Bottom