1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

OM-D E-M5 in the UK yet?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by britops, Apr 22, 2012.

1. britops

britops Mu-43 Regular

Apr 10, 2012
    Does anyone in the UK have their Olympus OM-D E-M5 yet?

2. Dave in Wales

Dave in Wales Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 5, 2011
    West Wales
    They are appearing, I've had a couple of rerports, it's slooooooooooooooooooooow though.

3. sparklies

sparklies Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 23, 2012
    SE London, UK
    I've heard of a few people getting them who had pre-orders, and I think a few have been lucky in local camera shops.

I have mine on pre-order from Jessops online (only since the start of the month though :frown: ) and I emailed them at the weekend and had this response:

Hi sparklies, thank you for your email.

As of yet we still don't have a clear lead time on the D800s [later corrected to OM-D in a second email!!] though we are expecting them to arrive over the next couple of weeks, by when we will be able to fulfill all orders placed. You will receive a confirmation e-mail, as soon as the item has been despatched, providing you with the tracking details.

I appreciate this has been outstanding for some time and extend my apologies for the delay and subsequent inconvenience.

So fingers crossed for all of us I guess..

4. Gyroscope

Gyroscope Mu-43 Regular

Apr 20, 2012
    SE London
    Just noticed that the kit is showing as in stock with Great Western Cameras on Amazon.co.uk

linky

£30 discount too. Only 5 left - chop chop!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Gyroscope

Gyroscope Mu-43 Regular

Apr 20, 2012
    SE London
    16 minutes later, 1 left in stock :eek:

6. Gyroscope

Gyroscope Mu-43 Regular

Apr 20, 2012
    SE London
    All gone (from Great Western anyway). There's still one at over retail.

7. willo

willo Mu-43 Regular

Jan 25, 2010
    London
    Got mine on at the weekend from SRS, pre ordered on the day of annoucement. I think they are getting another shipment this week but still not enough to cover all the pre orders.

8. doodalon

doodalon Mu-43 Rookie

Feb 26, 2012
    Just got off the phone to Jessops about my order, ordered 8th March, Silver Kit. The CS rep said they only have 3 Silver Kits coming in today (didn't ask about black) I was told to phone back today from last week as they expected some to come in today. I'm hoping I'm one of those lucky 3! Though it's doubtful, I pre-ordered 1 month after announcement on the website. She said she had no idea when more would come, I need it very soon though!

9. ill_dawg

ill_dawg Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 26, 2010
    Thanks for the heads up, I just ordered the last one from great western. Hopefully I'll still be able to get that grip. Now I just need to work out hoe to get it from the in-laws' place in the UK out to me in Bulgaria without getting 'lost' in transit...

10. sparklies

sparklies Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 23, 2012
    SE London, UK
    There's still a black kit in stock at Great Western! But I really want the silver..

Thank you for the heads up though - I'm going to keep a close eye on it to see if any more come into stock :D

Hopefully Jessops will start getting some decent stock this week. I'd love to get mine by the weekend as it's my son's birthday but I guess we'll see.

11. Gyroscope

Gyroscope Mu-43 Regular

Apr 20, 2012
    SE London
    At full retail! I think they realised that there was no need to discount :smile:

I thought I wanted the silver, but when offered a choice of black or black, I went for, err, black.

12. sparklies

sparklies Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 23, 2012
    SE London, UK
    Weirdly a few minutes ago it was still £30.99 off, then it went up to the full retail price. Wonder what is going on there?

I have Quidco cashback through Jessops so I'd lose out on £38 from that. I'd be prepared to forgo that for a silver in stock somewhere, but not for a black. Then again if I saw one in the flesh in a retail store like you did (I think?), I would probably go for the black for the convenience factor.

Plus now they're starting to show up all over I have faith I won't have to wait much longer anyway!!

13. Glenn S

Glenn S Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 1, 2010
    Just contacted Great Western Cameras to be sure the one black kit they said they had in stock on Amazon actually existed. It did, so I bought it. I had originally ordered a silver body only from Jessops but they don't seem to have a clue about stock, so I've cancelled.

14. Gyroscope

Gyroscope Mu-43 Regular

Apr 20, 2012
    SE London
    Good stuff. At £150 on top of the body price, the 12-50mm lens is a no-brainer (IMO, of course).

15. Glenn S

Feb 1, 2010
    TBH I'm not sure I want the lens, I have a pretty good set of Panny lenses from the 7-14 to the 100-300 and a number of legacy Zuiko OM lenses. The only thing it might be useful for (to me) is the weather sealing, for those fine Scottish summer days :smile:

16. doodalon

doodalon Mu-43 Rookie

Feb 26, 2012
    Is the hand grip promo on offer through companies that sell via Amazon?

17. Glenn S

Feb 1, 2010
    Here's the Olympus Grip Promo site T & C:

"The purchase must be from a UK based retailer that has bought stock through Olympus UK or one of their authorised distributors. If in doubt, please check before purchasing. (This restriction excludes the Channel Islands)."

My camera shipped today!

18. britops

britops Mu-43 Regular

Apr 10, 2012
    Any UK updates? Waiting for my Silver Lens Kit.

19. 250swb

250swb Mu-43 Regular

My OM-D arrives on Monday from WEX, and with the two part grip offer! Pre-ordered it about six days ago. Can't wait especially after reading some of the comments and comparisons on the Steve Huff site.

Steve

20. sparklies

sparklies Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 23, 2012
    SE London, UK
    Has anyone in the UK had a silver kit yet?

Still waiting on Jessops.. am going to ring them on Monday and give them an ultimatum I think, and if they can't promise the silver any time soon I'll go for the black from somewhere else. Have to do it by Monday as that's when the grip offer expires to place an order!