1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

OM-D E-M5: Blue and/or Orange spots on EVF

Discussion in 'Help and Feedback' started by gs94121, Oct 8, 2012.

1. gs94121

gs94121 Mu-43 Regular

Sep 6, 2011
    I noticed orange and/or blue colored image(s) when half-pressing the shutter button on OM-D E-M5.

Does anyone have had this issue before and was able to resolve it or not ?

I am not able to resolve by getting rid of orange and/or blue colored images from the EVF.

Your comments and/or input are more than welcome.

Thanks

2. nueces snapper

nueces snapper Mu-43 All-Pro

Uhh, I think you have the bLinkies that show your highlights and shadows turned on. Maybe. :smile:

• Like Like x 1
  3. nueces snapper

nueces snapper Mu-43 All-Pro

Have you figured out your problem yet? :smile:

4. danska

danska Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 21, 2012
    Portland, OR
    Joe
    This is the case. It's showing where highlights and shadows are being clipped. Very useful tool actually, makes that exposure dial easy to use if your exposure isn't correct.

Pressing info will cycle through the different types of information displayed on your screen/evf.

5. gs94121

gs94121 Mu-43 Regular

Sep 6, 2011
    Thank you for your help...to MU-43 blogger.

I'll leave it intact and learn more about blue and orange color visible inside the EVF and solve the situation. :smile:

6. danska

danska Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 21, 2012
    Portland, OR
    Joe
    If your seeing a lot of either one the best bet is to adjust your exposure dial up, in case of blue (shadows), or down, in case of orange (highlights). Of course preferably you want to get a metering spot to that doesn't much of either. This will give you more latitude in post, especially if the shadows aren't clipped too much.