1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

OM-D E-M5 Black/Silver Body. Lens?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by britops, Apr 10, 2012.

1. britops

britops Mu-43 Regular

Apr 10, 2012
  2. RussellOlaguer

RussellOlaguer Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 12, 2012
    Paranaque, Philippines
    Russell Olaguer
    I'm not sure but I think it depends on the country.

Here in Japan (I pre-ordered in Yodobashi Camera Shop), the both silver and black body comes with black lens.
    I heard that in Philippines, the black body has black kit lens and the silver body has silver kit lens.

3. tynn

tynn Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 8, 2012
    philippines
    i hope this is true hehe i wanted my kit to be silver.... 'heard that those silver will hit the land this last week of april.:smile:

4. Bamamike

Bamamike Mu-43 Regular

Mar 19, 2012
    Koblenz, Germany
    Silver camera body

Hi folks,
    I think the real retro look is a silver body with a black lens. However, the silver lenses look sexy on the silver body, so either combination is good. I wouldn't like the black body and silver lenses combined, therefore the choice of the body was a no-brainer.
    Cheers,
    Mike

5. britops

britops Mu-43 Regular

Apr 10, 2012
    What colour lenses are people receiving with their kit?

6. seismicshift

seismicshift New to Mu-43

Sep 11, 2010
    I can say for a fact that ours from the Philippines, silver body comes with the black lens.

7. BigTam

BigTam Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 19, 2012
    Dortmund, Germany
    Ron
    My E-M5 in silver came with a black 12-50 from the Netherlands. I would have preferred a silver lens, but I will probably sell the lens anyway. I have both a 9-18 and a 40-150 coming, and the gap between isn't really interesting to me.

8. bcaslis

bcaslis Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 3, 2011
    Wilsonville, OR, USA
    Brian Caslis
    I bought a silver body / black 12-50 here in the U.S. from a local dealer. I got the impression that both silver / silver and silver / black kits were available. I said I'd take the first that came in.

9. dcisive

dcisive Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 19, 2010
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Lee
    I have a M5 on order which should be arriving for shipment next Friday I'm told The dealer is holding a Silver M Zuiko 75-300 for me swearing it is a better match with the silver OMD I have ordered, but I'm not too sure. Any opinions out there or anyone that's ever seen a 75-300 silver in person? It seems to me it might not be all that great, I don't know....I really thought the black would be better. Any strong opinions?

10. st3v4nt

st3v4nt Mu-43 Veteran

May 26, 2011
    Jakarta, Indonesia
    AFAIK the OM-D either black or silver always come with 12-50 black lens kit. The only silver OM-D that came with silver lens is the OM-D + 45 lens, which only have silver color...I don't know if Olympus change the policy...most people that after the silver OM-D + 12-50 silver lens either go for body only and then purchase the silver lens separately or go with the black lens and trade it off in store.