1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

OM-D E-M5 Black/Silver Body. Lens?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by britops, Apr 10, 2012.

1. britops

britops Mu-43 Regular

Apr 10, 2012
  2. RussellOlaguer

RussellOlaguer Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 12, 2012
    Paranaque, Philippines
    Russell Olaguer
    I'm not sure but I think it depends on the country.

Here in Japan (I pre-ordered in Yodobashi Camera Shop), the both silver and black body comes with black lens.
    I heard that in Philippines, the black body has black kit lens and the silver body has silver kit lens.

3. tynn

tynn Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 8, 2012
    philippines
    i hope this is true hehe i wanted my kit to be silver.... 'heard that those silver will hit the land this last week of april.:smile:

4. Bamamike

Bamamike Mu-43 Regular

Mar 19, 2012
    Koblenz, Germany
    Silver camera body

Hi folks,
    I think the real retro look is a silver body with a black lens. However, the silver lenses look sexy on the silver body, so either combination is good. I wouldn't like the black body and silver lenses combined, therefore the choice of the body was a no-brainer.
    Cheers,
    Mike

5. britops

britops Mu-43 Regular

Apr 10, 2012
    What colour lenses are people receiving with their kit?

6. seismicshift

seismicshift New to Mu-43

Sep 11, 2010
    I can say for a fact that ours from the Philippines, silver body comes with the black lens.

7. BigTam

BigTam Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 19, 2012
    Dortmund, Germany
    Ron
    My E-M5 in silver came with a black 12-50 from the Netherlands. I would have preferred a silver lens, but I will probably sell the lens anyway. I have both a 9-18 and a 40-150 coming, and the gap between isn't really interesting to me.

8. bcaslis

bcaslis Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 3, 2011
    Wilsonville, OR, USA
    Brian Caslis
    I bought a silver body / black 12-50 here in the U.S. from a local dealer. I got the impression that both silver / silver and silver / black kits were available. I said I'd take the first that came in.

9. dcisive

dcisive Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 19, 2010
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Lee
    I have a M5 on order which should be arriving for shipment next Friday I'm told The dealer is holding a Silver M Zuiko 75-300 for me swearing it is a better match with the silver OMD I have ordered, but I'm not too sure. Any opinions out there or anyone that's ever seen a 75-300 silver in person? It seems to me it might not be all that great, I don't know....I really thought the black would be better. Any strong opinions?

10. st3v4nt

st3v4nt Mu-43 Veteran

May 26, 2011
    Jakarta, Indonesia
    AFAIK the OM-D either black or silver always come with 12-50 black lens kit. The only silver OM-D that came with silver lens is the OM-D + 45 lens, which only have silver color...I don't know if Olympus change the policy...most people that after the silver OM-D + 12-50 silver lens either go for body only and then purchase the silver lens separately or go with the black lens and trade it off in store.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.