OM-D E-M5 and eyepiece EP-11

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Dave in Wales, Jul 6, 2012.

1. Dave in Wales

Dave in Wales Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 5, 2011
    West Wales
    :smile::smile::smile: It arrived this morning, the body that is. :smile::smile::smile:

I cannot believe, seeing it for a second chance so to speak, why I was insane enough to sell it in the first place.

On a more serious note.
    I wear eye-glasses does anyone in a similar position have experience of the rubber eyepiece EP-11, basically is it worh getting.

It does seem expensive at £30 + P&P.

2. m43dex

m43dex Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 5, 2011
    Michigan
    I am curious about the eye piece as well. And welcome back home our prodigal son!

• Like Like x 1
  3. bongestrella

bongestrella Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 2, 2011
    Mechanicsburg, PA
    Pictures?

4. D@ne

D@ne Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 23, 2012
    Toronto
    Is that the MSRP in your neck of the woods? It's only $18 here in NA! And for that price, it's definitely worth it. I don't wear glasses, so I can't comment there, but just having an extra around for the piece-of-mind is worth it to me.

5. JimmyK

JimmyK Mu-43 Regular

Apr 11, 2012
    Seattle, WA
    James Knodell
    Wow, £30 seems very expensive to me. I thought the $18.95 I paid at B&H was steep, but I'm an eye glasses wearer too, and the EP-11 is helpful.

6. jnewell

jnewell Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 23, 2011
    Boston, MA
    I have the EP-11 on my OM-D...and I wear glasses...but I usually dial up the VF diopter and shoot without glasses, so I haven't tried specs + EP-11, but it is surprisingly deep and also extends more or less straight back (so that it doesn't gently collapse the way the eyecups on my Nikons do)...so I would not cheerfully predict that the EP-11 will work well with glasses. Since I haven't tried it, though, all I can do is say I'd be pessimistic and hope someone will try it and have a better report for you.

7. cookme

cookme Mu-43 Regular

May 25, 2012
    I just got the ep-11 today and tried it out briefly outside.

It extends out way longer than I expected, making me wish I had done more research before buying two of them... Now with ep-11 on, the OM-D doesn't fit as nicely in my little carrying bag anymore. The ep-11 is not as a snug fit as the ep-10, with some visible spacing between the eye piece and the camera. The rubber portion is very soft and I worry how well it will stay in shape as time goes.

Regardless, it does block out more sunlight if you are facing the sun and should work better for people wearing glasses.

I wish they made an "ep-10.5" that's just between the ep-10 and ep-11 thickness...
    oh well, one can never be satisfied.