1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

OM-D E-M1 Shipping Status

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by nstelemark, Sep 25, 2013.

1. nstelemark

nstelemark Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 28, 2013
    Halifax, Nova Scotia Canada
    Larry
    Apparently my E-M1 has shipped.

I am more than a little surprised!

2. absolutic

absolutic Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 21, 2011
    how surprising, because I just got a notice from B&H Today saying that it is backordered. and I have ordered one within 2 minutes of being able to.

3. nstelemark

May 28, 2013
    Larry
    Bizarre. I ordered mine direct from Olympus because the Canadian retailers did not SKU it up until the next day.

4. absolutic

absolutic Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 21, 2011
    Well keep updating us. You might be the first person in North America (other than reviewers) to have one in your hands!

5. Tosh

Tosh Mu-43 Regular

Apr 23, 2012
    With early receipt comes great responsibility! :smile:

• Like Like x 1
  6. nstelemark

May 28, 2013
    Larry
    I'll try to live up to that!

7. kylebraun2005

kylebraun2005 Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 19, 2012
    I just got my shipping confirmation from Olympus as well. Ordered direct on the day of announcement. 2nd Day air hopefully I'll have it Friday!

8. nstelemark

May 28, 2013
    Larry
    Mine's ground you will have it first for sure.

9. absolutic

absolutic Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 21, 2011
    I hope you guys say that it sucks so i can cancel my pre-order and pick up a used E-M5 and save myself about $800 :-D

10. johnvanr

johnvanr Mu-43 Regular

Feb 12, 2013
    Me too!

I also just got the Olympus email. I should have it Friday. Will review it on my site www.photographicwanderings.com next week. Looking forward to shooting with it.

• Like Like x 1
  11. nickthetasmaniac

nickthetasmaniac Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 11, 2011
    The aus retailers I've talked to have said mid-Nov for reliable stock...

But I don't want one anyway. My EM5 is fine. Really.

12. JudyM

JudyM Mu-43 All-Pro

May 5, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    I ordered mine about 2 hours after they became available and received the same notice from B&H today. I wonder if this is just an automated message that goes out after an item has been on back-order so many days.

13. absolutic

absolutic Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 21, 2011
    could be. Also B&H is closed for Jewish Holidays until Sunday it looks like.

14. JYPfoto

JYPfoto Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 27, 2013
    Got that same email today. I ordered it from 3 places, B&H, Amazon, and Olympus. But I'm from the US, it seems like those who got the shipping email are not?

15. JudyM

JudyM Mu-43 All-Pro

May 5, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    Nope, I'm in Maryland. I ordered from only one place. With my luck, I'd order from three places and they'd all ship the same day.

16. memzinla

memzinla Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 31, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    I'm hoping for the same thing. XD I'm so tempted to pull the trigger, but I shouldn't spend that amount of money!

17. m43man

m43man Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 28, 2012
    Vancouver
    Great, I just got notification that my EM1 has been shipped too (arriving Friday), right after returning from a major photo trip to Chicago shooting with the trusty EM5 :frown:

Sigh, I thought I was going to take a break from photography this weekend :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  18. jpark1982

jpark1982 Mu-43 Regular

Aug 3, 2013
    Just got a call from Olympus to verify my shipping and billing addresses. Call came from Bethelham PA. Said both items are in stock and ill be getting them tomorrow. Promptly canceled my orders from Amazon and B&H. Ill be ordering the 12-40 from them now as well because their in stock date shows much earlier than the other two.

19. Paul A

Paul A New to Mu-43

May 21, 2012
    what did you guys order?

you guys whom are getting 'shipped' emails. what did you order...body only or a bunch of stuff body and lens[accessories..HLD7]?
    i pre-ordered (lens camera grip) on 9/11 and it's mid to late Oct shipping but lens will be likely later(i bleieve the likely)
    Paul

20. m43man

m43man Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 28, 2012
    Vancouver
    I ordered the body with MMF adapter, unfortunately at this point we still don't know if Olympus US/Canada will offer kit or rebate for the 12-40mm lens so I didn't order everything at the same time to risk delays.