OM-D e-m1 mark ii. Can I move a custom setting from C2 to another PASM position?

Wolfman53

Mu-43 Regular
Evening all.
Could one of you knowledgeable folk confirm if I can permanently move a custom setting on the above camera. I currently have my Portrait setting assigned to C2 mode and would like to move this to the P position of the mode dial.
If this is possible can somebody please give a step by step guide.
Thank You
Mike

pdk42

One of the "Eh?" team
You can't assign a custom set to anything but C1, C2 & C3. Cameras before the E-M1ii allowed you to save MySets to the "beginner" positions on the dial (Auto etc), but you can't do this on the EM1.2. Ironically, that meant reducing the number of custom positions from 4 to 3.

What you can do though is setup A, P, or S as you want it and it will return to that state when you next move the dial to that position. Of course, you can't make A be shutter priority, but things like AF modes etc will remain.

PakkyT

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Of course, you can't make A be shutter priority, but things like AF modes etc will remain.
Are you sure? I seem to recall reading up on MySets that when assigned to a mode dial you could do stuff like have "S" be set as aperture priority, although I never tried it myself and also if this once was the case, it may no longer be the case with newer models sporting the C1-C3 dial positions. Or maybe I just dreamed the whole thing. :sleep:

Wolfman53

Mu-43 Regular
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
You can't assign a custom set to anything but C1, C2 & C3. Cameras before the E-M1ii allowed you to save MySets to the "beginner" positions on the dial (Auto etc), but you can't do this on the EM1.2. Ironically, that meant reducing the number of custom positions from 4 to 3.

What you can do though is setup A, P, or S as you want it and it will return to that state when you next move the dial to that position. Of course, you can't make A be shutter priority, but things like AF modes etc will remain.
Oh I see thank you.
Probably not a great idea using the P mode then as it has limited customisation.

comment23

mu-43 frequent flyer
Real Name
Simon
You can manually recall custom mode C2 when the dial is in P mode. Those settings will be there (i.e. if you turn the dial to C1 and then back to P) until you change them whilst in a non C mode. I know that’s not quite what you were asking for but probably the closest.

Ross the fiddler

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ross
Are you sure? I seem to recall reading up on MySets that when assigned to a mode dial you could do stuff like have "S" be set as aperture priority, although I never tried it myself and also if this once was the case, it may no longer be the case with newer models sporting the C1-C3 dial positions. Or maybe I just dreamed the whole thing. :sleep:
Yes, Paul is sure. :)

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom