OM-D E-M1 Magnify Option with Focus Peaking?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by aukirk, Nov 27, 2013.

1. aukirk

aukirk Mu-43 Regular

Sep 9, 2012
    Just got my EM1 yesterday and I am still trying to become comfortable with it and get the settings that will work best for me...

I am having trouble finding an option to have the magnify set to a function button but still have focus peaking work? Right now I have it set with MF Assist to both magnify and focus peak, and when I turn the focus dial I get both. However, when I turn off the magnify option from MF Assist and assign magnify to one of the function buttons, I only get a magnification... no focus peaking when turning the focus ring.

Also, after hitting the magnify button once to zoom in, and then again to go back out, is there a way to get that green box to go away? With the EM-1 half-pressing the shutter release or any other button got it to go away... the only way I have found is to hit the ok button.

I couldn't find a thread where people are sharing how they have customized the settings, but would be interested in that...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.