1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

OM-D E-M1 $699 @ Amazon

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by MetilHed, Sep 11, 2016.

1. MetilHed

MetilHed Mu-43 Regular

Aug 30, 2015
    Jeff
  2. astrostl

astrostl Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 4, 2014
    St. Louis, MO
    Justin Honold
    Used the heck out of mine today. Great camera. Will probably keep it as a second "pro" body after I get the M2, esp. after the price plummet.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. rjl1246

rjl1246 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 18, 2013
    Ohio
    Robert Lietz
    The link price is back to 899: 9/13/16.

4. RKL349

RKL349 New to Mu-43

Sep 13, 2016
    Rich Laury
    $699 is at 42nd St Photo - not a place I would ever do business due to their reputation.

5. rjl1246

rjl1246 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 18, 2013
    Ohio
    Robert Lietz
    Wouldn't that price be for an import model? Was that the case at Amazon? If so,
    we've seen prices from Asian dealers on eBay in the price-range for awhile.

Just wondering...

I'm not arguing here against buying import models but suggesting that the discount on grey market is almost always available for buyers who don't mind risking camera ownership without warranty support.

Robert

6. SVQuant

SVQuant Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 20, 2015
    SF Bay Area, California, USA
    Sameer
    The Amazon price was from a US Dealer as was Newegg's $699 a few weeks ago. 42nd St Photo is probably for an empty box :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. rjl1246

rjl1246 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 18, 2013
    Ohio
    Robert Lietz
    Ouch! I can't say I've bought from them before, but ...

I guess there are more trusted dealers available, and we all can name them, but pricing sometimes
    can be more tempting than it should be...

8. SVQuant

SVQuant Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 20, 2015
    SF Bay Area, California, USA
    Sameer
    A little googling shows that their ratings have improved, so maybe I was off-base with my previous remark. My only experience with them was going in there in the mid-90s with a buddy who was looking to buy a camera (we were both impoverished grad students). Let's just say that they double charged his credit card, would not reverse the charge and then we found that he had been sold a grey market version while being charged their US retail price. Enough for me to stay away. The misery and fury of a grad student with a $1000 credit limit who has just maxed out his credit card through no fault of his own remains with you for a long time.

• Agree Agree x 1