OM-D Display Question (No Image?)

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by csnoel, May 8, 2012.

1. csnoel

csnoel Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 21, 2012
    Ok this might be a totally stupid question but I just recieved my new OM-D and I can't get the display to turn on while taking pictures. I can view the pictures just fine on the display but I can't see anything but black while live. The exposure brackets are displayed but no picture?
  2. csnoel

csnoel Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 21, 2012
    I ended up the lens off, tried a different one and everything worked fine. Put the Kit back and now it is working?
  3. M4/3

M4/3 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 24, 2011
    The first day I got my E-M5 some wierd stuff with going on with the appearance of the cameras jpegs. So in the menu I did a "reset full" (except for date and time) and everything has been operating normally since then.
  4. duke

duke Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 4, 2010
    Tulsa, moving to Houston
    That happened to me when I first got my e-m5. Apparently they have it setup to behave more like a dslr out of the box. To get the oled to display you can press the button on the side of the evf.
  5. denniscloutier

denniscloutier Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 24, 2011
    See DPReview's Operating Guide

I had the same question. It took me a while to figure out that the button on the side of the viewfinder hump would turn on live view. DPReview's recently put up a user's guide which explains this well.