1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

OM-D Display Question (No Image?)

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by csnoel, May 8, 2012.

1. csnoel

csnoel Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 21, 2012
    Ok this might be a totally stupid question but I just recieved my new OM-D and I can't get the display to turn on while taking pictures. I can view the pictures just fine on the display but I can't see anything but black while live. The exposure brackets are displayed but no picture?

2. csnoel

csnoel Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 21, 2012
    I ended up the lens off, tried a different one and everything worked fine. Put the Kit back and now it is working?

3. M4/3

M4/3 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 24, 2011
    The first day I got my E-M5 some wierd stuff with going on with the appearance of the cameras jpegs. So in the menu I did a "reset full" (except for date and time) and everything has been operating normally since then.

4. duke

duke Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 4, 2010
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Duke
    That happened to me when I first got my e-m5. Apparently they have it setup to behave more like a dslr out of the box. To get the oled to display you can press the button on the side of the evf.

5. denniscloutier

denniscloutier Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 24, 2011
    North Saanich, B.C.
    See DPReview's Operating Guide

I had the same question. It took me a while to figure out that the button on the side of the viewfinder hump would turn on live view. DPReview's recently put up a user's guide which explains this well.

Regards,
    Dennis

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.