OM-D battery just shipped

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by toobacat, Jul 31, 2012.

1. toobacat

toobacat Mu-43 Regular

Mar 21, 2012
    I just got notification that B&H has shipped my OM-D battery. They are still listed as out of stock, but maybe Olympus is starting to catch up with production.
  2. MrPhotoBob

MrPhotoBob Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 16, 2012
    Yes, I just talked to a salesman at ********** yesterday and they had just gotten in over 100 OMD batteries. They shipped my batteries out to me today.
  3. fljoe

fljoe Mu-43 Regular

Dec 30, 2011
    Still waiting for my order from Olympus. ********** does have it in stock, but charges $9.85 to ship. If you buy 2 batteries shipping is free!
  4. MrPhotoBob

MrPhotoBob Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 16, 2012
    Yes, I purchased three batteries yesterday from ********** with free shipping. The great thing about it is that my batteries will be arriving tomorrow.
  5. strang

strang Mu-43 Veteran

May 7, 2012
    Great news. Will buy one next time Olympus Canada has a lens sale, along with a 40-150mm.
  6. MrPhotoBob

MrPhotoBob Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 16, 2012
    Just got my batteries in today, ordered them on Monday morning and FedEx delivered all three of them to me today. That is great, delivered in three days with free shipping.... One is sitting on the charger as I type...
  7. timein

timein Mu-43 Rookie

Sep 9, 2011
    Still waiting for my batteries from B&H.
  8. daveinamblerpa

daveinamblerpa Mu-43 Regular

May 11, 2012
    Ambler Pa. Just northwest of Phila
    Re battery

still waiting for mine from Adorama.
    Hey come Adorama has them for 60 and B and H has them for 50?:confused:
  9. MrPhotoBob

MrPhotoBob Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 16, 2012
    Are there shipping charges involved? I paid $59.99 each for three with free shipping.
  10. toobacat

toobacat Mu-43 Regular

Mar 21, 2012
    The one I ordered from B&H was $59.95 when I ordered it, and when it shipped they lowered the price for me to $49.95.
  11. timein

timein Mu-43 Rookie

Sep 9, 2011
    Humm - still waiting to hear from B&H.
  12. blschaefer1

blschaefer1 New to Mu-43

May 31, 2012
    Glad these are finally shipping.
  13. Commando_Cotman

Commando_Cotman New to Mu-43

Aug 1, 2012
    How long until BLN-1's come down in price? I need to get one but $70 for a battery hurts...
  14. Mikefellh

Mikefellh Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 7, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    The battery just came out and they can't keep them in stock..lno reason to lower the price.

Maybe in two years.
  15. MrPhotoBob

MrPhotoBob Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 16, 2012
    I ordered mine from ********** in Ny on Friday and received them yesterday. I went into my local store today and they said that they had a supply of batteries to come in and that they had the battery that I ordered. I had to decline the order since I had already received my order from another store, but there was someone in the store ready to purchase my order as I was declining it.
  16. JimBeam

JimBeam New to Mu-43

Jul 28, 2012
    I just ordered one from **********. They only have 2 left.
  17. scott0487

scott0487 Mu-43 Regular

Jul 10, 2012
    Steamboat Springs, CO
    Ditto. I ordered one today, and yes, $70 for a battery hurts.
  18. metalbernd

metalbernd Mu-43 Regular

Aug 1, 2012
    Ahooooooooo, my extra battery is send today and with luck I receive it tomorrow.

Thanks to foto Hans Keuzekamp Zwolle Holland
    • Like Like x 1
  19. oldcarrot

oldcarrot Mu-43 Rookie

Jun 29, 2012
    I've been waiting since July 4 @ B&H. Hope they come in soon. Leaving for trip in 2 1/2 weeks.
  20. Arvin

Arvin Mu-43 Regular

Jan 18, 2012
    I've had great experiences with the wassabi power batteries sold by blue nook on Amazon.

They're not "chipped" so supposedly the battery meter isn't accurate, but I only see the battery meter when I power up the camera, so I never really have a constant gauge on how much juice is left anyway.

They're rated at 1300mah as opposed to the OEM Olympus 1220mah. Best of all, they sell for $30 for 2 batteries and a charger, which in my opinion is better than OEM charger since it needs no cord and it's LEDs are more intuitive (orange for charging, green for complete). Battery fitment tollerances are same as OEM battery.

I got 4 batteries and 2 chargers for $60, the same as one OEM battery.

Been using them for a couple of months now and would recommend them to anyone with an OM-D.