OM-D battery Charger

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by chinorider, Jun 20, 2013.

1. chinorider

chinorider Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 12, 2013
    Is there an alternative charger for the BLN-1 batteries that doesn't have such a large power cord ? Maybe something like the canon chargers that plug directly into the AC (no cord)

Thanks

2. LowriderS10

LowriderS10 Monkey with a camera.

May 19, 2013
    Canada
    I'm going to piggyback onto this with a question I've been meaning to ask:

Can you get the stubby adapter that just has a plug on one end to go into the wall and a plug on the other end to go into the charger, thus eliminating the cord? I know I've seen them, but does anyone have a part number or anything? (This would solve the OP's problem as well).

OP: Check eBay and stuff for third party chargers...most have the Canon type of plug (the fact that Olympus comes with a cord-type charger is ridiculous!!)

3. LowriderS10

May 19, 2013
    Canada
  4. gnb40

gnb40 Mu-43 Regular

Jul 9, 2011
    Maryland
    Gary
  5. LowriderS10

May 19, 2013
    Canada
  6. LowriderS10

May 19, 2013
    Canada
  7. jnewell

jnewell Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 23, 2011
    Boston, MA
    What I did, from an earlier post:

8. LowriderS10

May 19, 2013
    Canada
    Where did you get that adapter from? I'm loving the fold-out prongs!

9. Me too. Plus a five tailed extension cord spider.

Product Details
    Accell D080B-007K-R PowerSquid Outlet Multiplier by Accell

$19.95 $15.03
    Order in the next 19 hours and get it by Monday, Jun 24.
    More Buying Choices

10. danimal

danimal Mu-43 Supporter

Dec 31, 2012
    Oakland, California
    Dan
    That looks like the duck head from an Apple charger. Cool. I have a few of those.

11. chinorider

chinorider Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 12, 2013
    Lots of great suggestions....Thanks folks

12. LowriderS10

May 19, 2013
    Canada
    Damn...that'll probably cost $50 :p

13. jnewell

jnewell Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 23, 2011
    Boston, MA
    It is the head from an Apple iPad charger. I should note that it's probably not ideal, especially around small kids, because the prongs are a little exposed when it's plugged in, but my kids are no longer small (23 and 21 YO). :smile:

14. jnewell

jnewell Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 23, 2011
    Boston, MA
    It came from a iPad charger, so...zero incremental cost and the charger travels with me anyway. But replacements are chump change on eBay ($5 or something like that?).

15. Mikefellh

Mikefellh Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 7, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    Yup, you can use the Mac plug HOWEVER the Olympus charger is thicker and as such you can't fully insert the blades into the electrical outlet, leaving the potential for an electrical short should something metal fall on them while plugged in.

16. danimal

danimal Mu-43 Supporter

Dec 31, 2012
    Oakland, California
    Dan
    I've walked into an Apple store and asked about buying a replacement because I lost mine and they gave me one for free.

17. LowriderS10

May 19, 2013
    Canada
    iPad charger...hmm...cool, thanks!

Yeah, but I don't have an iPad haha...yeah, those are cheap, I'm just having a hard time finding one in Korea...might have to see if I can get something shipped here via eBay...never tried it, this is small enough that even if it gets lost I won't cry...

18. monk3y

monk3y Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 14, 2013
    in The Cloud...
    Steven
    I have bought a lot of stuff on Ebay and had them sent to me here in Japan via regular post w/ no tracking(free shipping) from HK or China... they usually arrive in 10-12 days so you shouldn't have a problem with that.

I am kinda surprise how they can manage to include free shipping on some $2-3 items. :D

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Mu-43 mobile app

19. twokatmew

twokatmew Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 1, 2012
    Lansing, MI, US
    Margaret
    I plug my chargers into a surge suppressor and like to be able to charge several batteries at once, but I don't want to block multiple outlets. So instead of buying one of the several adapters mentioned earlier in this thread, I picked up a short cable. I could have cut and spliced the long OEM cable, but this way I still have the long cables should I need them. :smile:

$5.48 shipped. I might pick up a couple more of these!
    Amazon.com : Ziotek Notebook Power Cord, C7 Figure-eight Plug, 1ft. : Laptop Computer Chargers Adapters : Electronics

20. Trinurse

Trinurse Mu-43 Regular

Feb 26, 2011