OM-D batteries

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by landshark, May 11, 2012.

1. landshark

landshark Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 27, 2010
    SO CAL
    Why are the batteries for the OM-D taking so long to show up

2. henryp

henryp Sponsor

Jan 18, 2010
    New York, NY
    Henry Posner
    Like the camera, the BLN-1 battery is a high-demand, limited-availability product. We have ordered them and Olympus has assured us they're shipping as many as they can as speedily as they can. We in turn ship them to customers as quickly as we're able to do so.

• Like Like x 2
  3. rxstuve

rxstuve Mu-43 Regular

Mar 14, 2012
    USA
    BLN-1 Battery

For what it's worth, I have a BLN-1 on backorder along with an EM5 and a couple other items, FL300 flash etc... All items showed new item processing since I ordered it except the battery and the camera, they indicated "Backordered".

I understand this to mean that they are in stock on hold waiting for the backordered items to come in and ship together as I have the order to ship all items together.

As of this afternoon the battery BLN-1 has moved to new order processing so batteries are coming in but apparently not enough yet to put B&H into a stock position.

rick

4. landshark

landshark Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 27, 2010
    SO CAL
    Thanks, I know it not something B&H is doing it just seems poor product management on the part of Olympus, I never bought a camera without a backup battery until the OM-D