1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

OM-D Auto-Rotate Problem

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by JonathanPosnerPhoto, Feb 20, 2013.

1. JonathanPosnerPhoto

JonathanPosnerPhoto New to Mu-43

Feb 6, 2013
    A little while back I loaned an OM-D from Olympus for a test shoot and had no problem with automatic orientation when importing into Lightroom.

Now I have my own camera and it's not doing it (ie all orientations are importing as landscapes). Is there something I should have activated but haven't?

The only setting I can see is 'Menu' > 'Playback & Retouch' > 'Auto-Rotate (2nd one down) > On/Off. Taking a portrait picture with it 'On' and then 'Off' makes no difference when viewing on the camera screen either as both are shown in landscape format.

As I say, do I have a faulty camera or have I just missed something? Might a 'default reset' "cure" it? (though it would be very boring having to customize everything else again).

Comments greatly appreciated.

2. Fred49

Fred49 Mu-43 Regular

Feb 24, 2010
    FRance
    auto rotate

are the level gauge working properly ?

i encountered the same problem as you with auto rotate , but i had only one of the 2 level gauge working.

resetting the whole camera or only the level ( K menu ) didnt help,

then it worked again, no idea why

the second time the bug appeared, after some ( lots i mean, they were only telling me to reset the camera at first...) exchange with olympus i was told to send my camera back

but i waited about a month, because i wanted to send it after christmas, and then

then the bug disappeared again.....

3. JonathanPosnerPhoto

JonathanPosnerPhoto New to Mu-43

Feb 6, 2013
    Lemon?

Thanks for that - but nothing doing, even though I've done the Full Reset: same symptoms as before.

Won't be able to live with this as I've now got to manually rotate in Lightroom my first 200 portrait-format pictures taken with this camera. Very boring.

Been raving this camera up on my blog (see below) so still really hope (and pray) there's an easy solution that I've stupidly overlooked and that I haven't picked up a lemon - and if I have how my dealer and/or Olympus will deal with it . . . Anyway, will tweet Olympus now!

stare : fashion photography