OM-D as a webcam beta

moisocr

New to Mu-43
It's because it was designed without tethering capabilities I think... looks promising though!

Linh

Mu-43 All-Pro
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It's because it was designed without tethering capabilities I think... looks promising though!
saw another note about that as well, supposedly on Robin Wong's video (didn't watch it). I completely forgot/didn't know the E-M5.3 lost tethering as it wasn't something I cared about. I was just more annoyed it wasn't usb-c. Guess it's good I still have the E-M5.2 lyin around, heh.

Got this today, worked extremely well for me on Teams and Zoom with EM1ii. (also have EM1i and EM5ii so got some choice).

Super simple operation, literally plug-and-play unlike the Panasonic equivalent which requires a litte more work (a couple of additional apps, not major). Have a separate USB lav mic so get audio that way, and prefer that arrangement truth be told.

Could have done with this a couple of months back but way better than a couple of hundred notes on a capture card! Nice to have a little Olympus positivity in these times😁👍

Ross the fiddler

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ross
720p?

way better to use a cheap video acquisition converter, I paid a chinese one 19€
Are you saying you're getting low quality video out, then what are your camera settings for video mode that you are using & is the SD card in for video (possible) recording? Of course, video quality will drop if also recording 'in camera' as well though.

Reflector

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Are you saying you're getting low quality video out, then what are your camera settings for video mode that you are using & is the SD card in for video (possible) recording? Of course, video quality will drop if also recording 'in camera' as well though.
Robin Wong mentions that the output is limited to 720p in the video about the webcam feature.

I haven't had a chance to view the video yet ke try it, but I do hope it charges the EM1III at the same time. Has anyone confirmed? Or so I need to get a dummy battery or the battery grip and ac adapter?

Ross the fiddler

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ross
Don't most Macs (except for the Mac Pro) have a webcam built in nowdays anyway? Probably why the focus is on Windows first.
Maybe more a case of, "OK, let's write software for webcam use." Software writer replies, "Sure, I'll do it in Windows as I normally do & the Mac writers can have it once I have the Windows software running OK." Yes, Windows desktop PCs may not have cams but 'all in one' PCs I think do though.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom