1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

OM-D as a field sports shooter.

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Catscratch, Sep 16, 2012.

1. Catscratch

Catscratch Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 1, 2012
  2. baceball6

baceball6 New to Mu-43

Sep 16, 2012
    hey im brand new to this forum and I came to get more info on the em5. Part of my hesitance involves sports photography. I am a DSLR owner at this moment but have been itching to get one of these. Your sports photos are very nice!!! starting to itch more now lol

3. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    Yes, I had switched to mu-43 for sports a long time ago, before the E-M5 and before lenses like the m.Zuiko 75mm f/1.8. Instead I used bodies like the Mini (with VF-2) along with legacy lenses in a similar range to the 75mm. Difference is that I have to rely on more manual control but the setup and capabilities are the same. It is an amazing load off your back, being able to swing around a tiny mu-43 body and prime lens through an entire game instead of a big DSLR and fast zoom. I feel so much more active, liberated, and into the game because of the quick maneuverability and light load.

4. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    I think the trick with CDAF optimized cameras is to use S-AF and press the shutter the moment you hear the beep. With PDAF cameras you can half-press and track the subject before firing the shutter.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.