1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

OM-D as a field sports shooter.

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Catscratch, Sep 16, 2012.

1. Catscratch

Catscratch Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 1, 2012
  2. baceball6

baceball6 New to Mu-43

Sep 16, 2012
    hey im brand new to this forum and I came to get more info on the em5. Part of my hesitance involves sports photography. I am a DSLR owner at this moment but have been itching to get one of these. Your sports photos are very nice!!! starting to itch more now lol

3. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    Yes, I had switched to mu-43 for sports a long time ago, before the E-M5 and before lenses like the m.Zuiko 75mm f/1.8. Instead I used bodies like the Mini (with VF-2) along with legacy lenses in a similar range to the 75mm. Difference is that I have to rely on more manual control but the setup and capabilities are the same. It is an amazing load off your back, being able to swing around a tiny mu-43 body and prime lens through an entire game instead of a big DSLR and fast zoom. I feel so much more active, liberated, and into the game because of the quick maneuverability and light load.

4. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    I think the trick with CDAF optimized cameras is to use S-AF and press the shutter the moment you hear the beep. With PDAF cameras you can half-press and track the subject before firing the shutter.