1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

OM-D and G5 at Cosplay event, for Big Bang theory lovers, many photos

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by Wolf, Oct 21, 2012.

1. Wolf

Wolf Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 14, 2012
    This saturday I was at a local Cosplay event testing out my OM-D and G5.
    I was going to use the G5 with the 20mm and the om-d with the 45mm, but very soon I found out that the 45mm wasn't easy to use inside because I didn't have the working distance (though it gave great results when i was able to use it)...
    I also found out that the OM-D is a LOT better in low light then the G5.
    You can keep the ISO half as low due to the stabilisation and iso is a lot less noticable on the OM-D then on the G5 imo.

So I put the 20mm on the OM-d after about 10 min ;-)
    I did hunt focus now and then (the 45mm focuses a lot faster)
    Conclusion : for next year i need something like the 25mm... faster focus, better bokeh and beter working distance then the 45mm

most shots in Part II are with the G5, the rest with OMD
    The G5 was great for video though and had better AWB then the OMD

F.A.C.T.S. 2012 - Part I - a set on Flickr

F.A.C.T.S. 2012 - Part II - a set on Flickr

Some shots, many many more on my flickr

the best 10 seconds of my life :biggrin: :biggrin:

a part of the waiting lines

Superman smoking... where's the world coming to ?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  2. Promit

Promit Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 6, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    Promit Roy
    You've taken a lot of excellent photos, and I think you'd be well served by deleting more of them. The Flickr set is just a bit crowded with photos that are sort of "second tier", and I think it has the effect of diminishing the ones that are good. It's difficult; I've got thousands of library photos that weren't bad enough to delete and weren't good enough to share. But being a little more stringent with what you add to public galleries will help those galleries stand out.

Personally I've been trying to challenge myself: the initial set of photos is always too big. So I cut it in half. Then again, and again. At the end of any day of event shooting, there are really only maybe half a dozen photos that really stand out. So I've been more aggressive in trying to cut down to the bone and really identify the gems. You have 121 photos in these sets. Which 6 would you pick?