1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

OM-D and 4/3 lenses

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by jeffryscott, Apr 24, 2012.

1. jeffryscott

jeffryscott Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jul 2, 2010
    Arizona
    I thought this might be a nice thread to have as OM-D's start rolling in, and don't see one like it (forgive me if there is already one somewhere)

Can we start of review type thread of how useable the 4/3 lens like the 50-200, 14-54, 12-60 ... work on the OM-D with the MMF-3 adapter. One thread would be nice instead of multiple threads with multiple lenses.

Lens, AF speed and compatibility are probably of primary interest for many of us. Since there are multiple versions of some lenses, let's list which version (SWD vs. non-SWD, mk I or II)

2. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Dara
    Pekka Potka had some comments earlier about 4/3 AF on the E-M5.

There's also a short video on youtube that gives some sense of the speed of the 14-54II, among others. [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICfJNokJhMo"]E-M5 AF test[/ame]

Perhaps also of interest given the reports of similar S-AF performance on the E-P3 and E-M5.

[ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LT8dWtJ3hb0]E-P3 AF test[/ame]

DH

• Like Like x 1
  3. jeffryscott

jeffryscott Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jul 2, 2010
    Arizona
    thanks for the link, that's not as bad as I would have expected. Looking forward to hearing how these lenses work in real life ...

4. justin4192

justin4192 Mu-43 Regular

Dec 27, 2011
    Fairfax, VA, USA
    Another thanks for the video link. That is just what I needed to see. I have my E-M5 on pre-order and plan to use my 12-60mm and 50-200SWD. It doesn't look too slow, but I'll see how well it meets my needs once I get the camera and adapter.

5. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Dara