OM-D accessories in Hong Kong?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by jrcitizen, Apr 1, 2012.

1. jrcitizen

jrcitizen New to Mu-43

Apr 1, 2012
    I managed to pickup a Oly OM-D 12-50mm kit yesterday from Broadway. There is a lot to learn with this camera!

I am trying to track down a few accessories, but having no joy. I tried Wing Shing, Tin Cheung, and Digital Rev (well their website; phones closed on Sunday) but they plus Broadway do not have any accessories in stock. None of the aforementioned know when accessories will become available in Hong Kong.

I am after after a battery (BLN-1) and the new M 4/3 to 4/3 adapter (MMF-3). Any ideas? Or am I better off ordering from the US and having it shipped to HK?
  2. theflyer

theflyer Mu-43 Regular

Jan 14, 2011
    Jrcitizen - how much did you end up paying for the kit at broadway?
    Ans did you get black or silver?
  3. 43hk

43hk Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 26, 2010

Might be worth a look in Wanchai Computer centre, or in one of the tech malls in Mong Kok. Seems those guys get grey imports first before the official channels.

Also try Cam2 (MK and Wanchai).
  4. jrcitizen

jrcitizen New to Mu-43

Apr 1, 2012
    Thanks 43hk and theflyer.

theflyer -- I bought mine from Broadway on pre-order. Tin Cheung was accepting pre-orders on Friday as well, however, both said they were only getting the black kits (w/ 12-50mm) for first deliveries. Both had the same price (HK$10690). I did not ask about silver kits.

For accessories -- I tried Cam2 and the Wan Chai computer center too. So far they had the same answer (they also did not know when they would get stock). But that is a good suggestion 43hk -- I will keep trying both, and perhaps they will start getting supplies in mid-April.

Thanks both :smile:
  5. TheObiJuan

TheObiJuan Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 31, 2012
    I'm surprised Tim Cheung's didn't have accessories in stock...they're very good about it.

Is the E-M5 selling really well in HK like in Japan?