1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

OM Adapter Arriving Today: Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by Brewed4Thought, Nov 21, 2011.

1. Brewed4Thought

Brewed4Thought Mu-43 Rookie

Nov 18, 2011
    Santa Rosa, CA
    My buddy dropped off an old Olympus OM-1 at my desk last week and I promptly ordered a Fotodioz adapter for my E-PL-1.

The OM-1 has a 50mm F1.8, 75-150mm F4, 50mm Macro F3.5 and a 28-70mm F3.5-4.5.

Any suggestions? Requests? I'm new to using adapted lenses and have had the PL-1 for maybe 6 months now. I'm interested in learning as much as I can, so if you have tricks, easy to advanced, I'd love to hear them.

2. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    I had the 50mm/1.8 and 75-150mm/4, and they are both wonderful lenses. The f/1.8 is actually smaller than many other lenses designated as "pancake". The 75-150mm/4 is the first zoom lens made for the OM system, and is very versatile. The only reason I don't use it as much as the primes is because you can't input exact IS focal lengths for a zoom lens. You pretty much have to either turn off IS or keep it in an "in between" focal length, like say 135mm or so (in my experience, the mid-point focal length works better than turning it off). I've heard good things of the macro lens, but not much of the 28-70mm. The 28mm primes are more popular for the wide angle, and they pair up nicely with a fast 50.

If you want to replace those two zoom lenses with primes, then the 28mm f/2.8 and the 200mm f/4 would be good choices as well. With the 50mm f/1.8 in between, you'll have a nice, compact 3-lens prime set.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.