1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

OM 50/1.8 focus past infinity

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by patrick359, Jan 26, 2012.

1. patrick359

patrick359 Mu-43 Rookie

Feb 6, 2010
    My OM 50mm f1.8, on a GH1, focuses past infinity, ie with the ring turned all the way to stop, where the infinity symbol is exactly aligned with the focus mark, it's past infinity. I recall it did the same thing on my OM2s SLR that the lens originally came with, so it's the lens itself, not the adapter or the camera. I also seem to recall reading something long ago (camera was bought mid-80's) to the effect that this was "normal" for this lens. So, anyone else with this lens notice the same thing?

2. dannat

dannat Mu-43 Regular

May 2, 2010
    Melbourne Australia
    yes, depending on the climate - is it freezing cold or heat the focus can shift slightly - my OM 50/1.8 focuses just past infinity - maybe 1-2mm extra, they are made that way just in case -

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.