OM-10

For fun I bought a second hand OM-10 with some lenses.
Still don't know if it's working. Ordered a battery and filmrol to find out.

Anyone know if there is a tutorial how to use a SLR? I have no idea... Started with photography in 2010 with a digital Olympus E-PL1 (had some digital compacts before that).

Also have 3 lenses with it (also ordered a cheap adapter to put them on my MFT camera).
Tokina AT-X 35-70mm f/2.8 in pritty good shape for it's age.
Tokina RMC 80-200mm f/f4.5 in decent shape. With a funny pull mechanism to zoom.
Olympus Zuiko 50mm F/1.8. The front and back element are good but there is some dirt in it. Anyone knows if I just can pick a screwdriver and open the lens to clean in from the inside?

Overall it's pretty funny to see how close Olympus sticks with it's heritage when I compare this EM-10 with 50mm to my E-M5 Mark II wit 17mm.

exakta

Mu-43 Top Veteran
How to use it? OMG :roflmao:

What part don't you understand? It is an autoexposure-only manual focus camera that sets the shutter speed based on the aperture setting and the ISO/ASA rating of the film you're using. Manual exposure requires a clip-on device that you may or may not have gotten with it. It's film, so no WB, EC, IS, etc. For WB you have to use color correction filters, for EC you fool the camera by changing the ISO setting (lower for overexposure, higher for underexposure). Just remember to set it back ;)

Don't try to disassemble a lens if you don't know what you are doing.

WT21

Mu-43 Legend
It would be hard to describe in words but have you tried searching on YouTube for something like “loading film in Olympus OM camera?”

its great fun to try film. I hope you enjoy it!

djtaylor7

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
David
As I recall with the OM-10 you need the plug in manual speed adapter to get the most out of it. With any luck you got that with the camera ( a block with a dial on the front of the camera top right looking at the lens).

Thanks for the offer, but a digital version is just fine.

The battery arrived today. And the camera is alive and well. I'm excited to try it out.

But will wait a few days for my adapter arrives so I can determine with my OM-D what the state of the lenses is opticly.

Don't have the manual ad-on. But for me it doesn't matter.

Thanks all for the replies.

mfturner

Mu-43 Veteran
While I have disassembled my old Zuiko 50/1.8, I wouldn't recommend it. There isn't much cleaning you can do that won't risk damaging the elements. Most dust/dirt on lens elements won't be visible in your pictures.

Gsansoucie

Mu-43 Regular
My first SLR was an OM-10 back in '82. I still have it. Its been all over the world and still gets used occasionally. I have to remember to remove the battery before storage and have a spare for when I blow off the dust and take it back out. Makes me feel like a teenager using it, just wish I still had access to the high school darkroom.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom