OM-10 Histogram question

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by LDraper, Apr 25, 2015.

1. LDraper

LDraper Mu-43 Regular

Feb 4, 2011
    Albuquerque, NM
    I recently purchased an OM-10 as a second body to an EP-5. I've been enjoying the camera but I'm puzzled by the behavior of the histogram. In every other m43 camera I've owned, when I activate the focus point (green rectangle) the histogram disappears until I toggle out of the "focus point mode." On the OM-10 when I touch the screen, the histogram disappears for a second or two, but then reappears - even though I still have the focus point activated. I find this bothersome because I like to clear the screen at that point to compose. Is there a menu setting that I'm missing that will make the Om-10 histogram act like the EP-5 histogram? Or is this the standard implementation in the OMD series?

I apologize for the awkward description - I hope what I'm asking is clear enough. Any words of wisdom are welcome.

2. Yelkrub

Yelkrub Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 21, 2013
    Cheshire, U.K.
    Paul
    Checked an Em10 and Em5 mkii and they're both the same as your Em10; unless I too am missing something.
    I can only suggest once you have finished with the histogram that you press the info button to get to a screen without the histogram while you compose your shot.
    If you have all the options enabled in
    Menu/ cogs d/ info settings/ lv info/
    This would mean scrolling through 5 screens each time though which would be a bit annoying.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.