Olypus M43 75mm vs C-mount 75mm review

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by hinting, Aug 13, 2012.

1. hinting

hinting Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 13, 2012

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Thanks for sharing this (even if I did have to visit DP to read it :wink:)!

The "TV lens" you have appears to be the same (or very similar) to one labeled [thread=29016]"Computar"[/thread] that I acquired recently. I've been very happy with my copy, but it's nice to see that it stands up very well to the O75...especially since I paid less than 10% the price of the Oly.
  3. hinting

hinting Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 13, 2012
    The tv lens is alright. I love manual focus lenses, but this one is not easy to focus. It is fine once stopped down a little
  4. phrenic

phrenic Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 13, 2010
    Thanks..not bad at all when stopped down. But I suppose not that many people picking up an 1.8 lens are wanting to use it at f5.6-8..

Not to mention the pain of trying to AF with that DoF. I doubt it's in the future for me..on the one hand, very very expensive. But I can't see myself enjoying the cheaper substitutes either.
  5. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    I believe your 75mm tv lens is a Computar/Navitar lens. I have the Cosmicar/Pentax 75mm 1.4 and I think it's pretty darn good for the price. The bokeh is so-so with only 3 aperture blades, but at 2.8 it sharpnens quite nicely and still usable wide open. I got mine for a great price. :smile:

Here's my 75mm:
  6. hinting

hinting Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 13, 2012
    Yes I think it is the same lens, with close position on aperture.
    There is f1.5 and f1.3 variations.

The olympus 75mm is surprisingly easy to focus auto, especially on the touch screen. I love manual focus too, especially on the street.
  7. RDM

RDM Mu-43 All-Pro

I was thinking of purchasing one of these manual focus C-mount lenses , not sure what is an acceptable price to spend. I understand that the Bokeh might not be that nice but I already have a Canon 85mm 1,8 lens in FD mount that I love to use, but its big and long and heavy on my camera. I am just looking for an inexpensive and maybe slightly more compact for my camera bag for when i go out and about.
    I have my eye on the Computar 1.4 TV lens, but prices are all over the place. Still nice to know its a good performer. Would anyone think Fifty dollars US is a good price to pay for one in fair condition, with barrel marks?