1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 14-42 f/3.5-5.6 - Keeper?

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by Aushiker, Jun 26, 2015.

1. Aushiker

Aushiker Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Sep 12, 2014
    Fremantle, Western Australia
    Andrew
    Hi

I received in the post today a purchased in error Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6 lens which came in its original box with a genuine lens hood, caps and documentation. Landed price was AU$82.90 (US$64.00). Looks like it is in excellent condition, in fact I would describe it as like new. I need to decide now whether to sell it on or purchase an adapter.

Thoughts?

Andrew

2. tkbslc

tkbslc Super Moderator

It was a nice 4/3 kit lens, but nothing special enough to adapt - Especially if you don't already have the AF adapter. It's going to be a pain to use and no better than the regular m43 kit lenses.

I'd resell and find the Panasonic 14-42 II or 12-32 if you are looking for a fantastic kit lens.

3. HarryS

HarryS Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 23, 2012
    Midwest, USA
    In its DSLR heyday, the Olympus kit zooms always ranked near the top of the kit zoom collective (Nikon, Canon, Pentax, Minolta/Sony) . I think mine was probably better than either the M.ED 14-42 I or II , but was quite slow to focus. Maybe not that slow on an EM1.

If you're going to buy an 4/3-M43 adapter, this is not the right lens to mate with it.

4. Aushiker

Aushiker Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Sep 12, 2014
    Fremantle, Western Australia
    Andrew
    Thanks for the feedback. I will go back on the market and I will read the listings more carefully in the future :) 

Andrew

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.