1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 14-42 f/3.5-5.6 - Keeper?

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by Aushiker, Jun 26, 2015.

1. Aushiker

Aushiker Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 12, 2014
    Fremantle, Western Australia
    Andrew
    Hi

I received in the post today a purchased in error Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6 lens which came in its original box with a genuine lens hood, caps and documentation. Landed price was AU$82.90 (US$64.00). Looks like it is in excellent condition, in fact I would describe it as like new. I need to decide now whether to sell it on or purchase an adapter.

Thoughts?

Andrew

2. tkbslc

tkbslc Mu-43 Hall of Famer

It was a nice 4/3 kit lens, but nothing special enough to adapt - Especially if you don't already have the AF adapter. It's going to be a pain to use and no better than the regular m43 kit lenses.

I'd resell and find the Panasonic 14-42 II or 12-32 if you are looking for a fantastic kit lens.

3. HarryS

HarryS Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 23, 2012
    Midwest, USA
    In its DSLR heyday, the Olympus kit zooms always ranked near the top of the kit zoom collective (Nikon, Canon, Pentax, Minolta/Sony) . I think mine was probably better than either the M.ED 14-42 I or II , but was quite slow to focus. Maybe not that slow on an EM1.

If you're going to buy an 4/3-M43 adapter, this is not the right lens to mate with it.

4. Aushiker

Aushiker Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 12, 2014
    Fremantle, Western Australia
    Andrew
    Thanks for the feedback. I will go back on the market and I will read the listings more carefully in the future :)

Andrew