1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Olympus XZ-2

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by caimi, Oct 31, 2012.

1. caimi

caimi Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 13, 2012
    middle US
    Caimi caimiphotography.com
    When will it be available for purchase?

2. caimi

caimi Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 13, 2012
    middle US
    Olympus XZ2

So can I take the lack of response as, "I don't know." ?

3. CPWarner

CPWarner Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 24, 2010
    Cliff
    You may not have noticed, but NY city was hit really hard by hurricane Sandy. It is not clear if B&H is open, none the less responding to threads on forums like this. It will take some time for all the businesses to get back to operations as usual.

• Like Like x 2
  4. caimi

caimi Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 13, 2012
    middle US
    Thanks CP Warner. I did hear something about a hurricane in New York. I did not hear anything about this particular forum being discontinued as a result however. If that is the case maybe it would be useful for the moderators to make some mention of it.

5. Chuck-B&H

Chuck-B&H Sponsor

Apr 28, 2012
    Hello,

Sorry for the delay. I am working from home since I am unable to get into the city. The ASK thread is run by myself and Henry and we've had some issues due to Hurricane Sandy basically shutting down the city.

As our web site states, the camera is new with an expected delivery time of 11/5. Based on the current conditions here in NYC this maybe delayed for a while. We are however accepting advance orders so you can get your order in if you wish.

• Like Like x 2
  6. henryp

henryp Sponsor

Jan 18, 2010
    New York, NY
    Henry Posner
    Indeed. My house has no electricity or heat and consequently no wifi. I got to work by car today since my usual mass transit options are entirely unavailable, but the rule for cars is there have to be not less than three occupants (driver incl) to enter Manhattan. Checkpoints and traffic made that quite a burden this morning. Depending on circumstances I may drive in again Fri or set up a laptop in the local library which has both electricity and wifi. Neither option is ideal but I am lucky -- others hit by the storm have lost everything.

I know where Chuck lives and I can say his options for getting to our office are far more limited than mine. At least he apparently has electricity.

As i said though, others hit by the storm have lost everything.

7. Hyubie

Hyubie Unique like everyone else

Oct 15, 2010
    Massachusetts
    Herbert
    And amid all that - both of you still found time to check out this forum. Great work, and we hope for the best for you and for all those severely affected.

We up here dodged the bullet - well, ok maybe a tiny scratch.

• Like Like x 1
  8. caimi

caimi Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 13, 2012
    middle US
    Thank you, Chuck and best wishes for getting things back together.

9. Offriver

Offriver Mu-43 Regular

May 17, 2011
    Any updates on when this will start shipping?

10. Chuck-B&H

Chuck-B&H Sponsor

Apr 28, 2012
    Hello,

We are accepting advance orders which means our buyers are confident Oly will be shipping. I do not have a firm delivery date and since pre-orders are being taken, those orders will ship out first before stock is added to inventory.