Olympus Workspace version 1.3.1 is out.

Mack

Mu-43 All-Pro
Noticed this when I opened Workspace today.

Might only pertain to E-M1 Mark III owners though.

Added: "Support for displaying "Starry Sky AF" in Properties window."

mcasan

Mu-43 All-Pro
Personally I have not found any advantage in WorkSpace vs LR Classic, PR 20, C1P 20, or others.

GBarrington

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I have a sort of love/hate relationship with OWS. If your workflow is classical, that is, use the raw converter to get the best exposure and color possible, and then move on to editing a tif or jpg in a bitmapped editor, It's a fairly good raw conversion tool in spite of the laggy controls.

It is designed to give basic raw development and reasonable access to Olympus camera's special features and really isn't equipped to compete with modern raw developers.

As a front end to other tools, and a workflow manager, it's not that good, and I think the file management tools built into it sort of imply that Olympus sees it as the first step in the digital darkroom. But once you get beyond a certain level of experience with your camera, OWS's faults and gaps in functionality become obvious in the extreme.

It is not the tool for regular use, I think, for photographers beyond a certain level of experience.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom