1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Olympus won't remove stolen photo from Twitter

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by boulderjoe, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Indianpeaksjoe

Indianpeaksjoe Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 1, 2012
    Colorado
    Olympus posted a photo of mine that is stolen. Anyone know how to contact them? They haven't replied to tweets or tumblr contacts.

[​IMG]

-Joe

2. 50orsohours

50orsohours Mu-43 All-Pro

Oct 13, 2013
    Portland Oregon
    Do you mean An Olympus Trailbazer stole your photo? Contact them on FB - they are good about replying

3. Indianpeaksjoe

Oct 1, 2012
    Colorado
    True - Olympus has credited someone else with a photo I took. Whether a mistake or malicious I do not know. But so far they won't take it down through my many attempts to contact them. They did credit me on Facebook however.

Good idea to contact them through FB.

Cheers,
    -Joe

Last edited: Jan 11, 2016
  4. PakkyT

PakkyT Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 20, 2015
    New England
    Send them a DMCA take down notice and also register your photo with the copyright office.

5. heli-mech

heli-mech Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 9, 2012
    Vancouver Island, Canada
    Andrew
    Contact the photographer the are atrributing it to directly, Cincinnati Senior Pictures she has a phone number on her site. I just wouldn't go accusing her because its entirely plausible that Olympus just screwed up.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. 50orsohours

Oct 13, 2013
    Portland Oregon
    I also think that it is just a mix up. Olympus gets so many pictures every day. Stuff happens.

7. Indianpeaksjoe

Oct 1, 2012
    Colorado
    It could be a mix up, and I like to give people the benefit of the doubt. Except I did not send them the picture.

-Joe

8. bikerhiker

bikerhiker Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 24, 2013
    Canada
    David
    I love your cute dog btw!

You might want to contact Laura Hicks to clarify kindly if she is aware that Olympus is using your photo and her name to misrepresent her credibility. If she is a credible professional, she will contact Olympus and give you back the credit. If she denies this; then you know her own credibility is shot or the credibility of the entire Olympus Trailblazer program..

Good luck and please keep us posted..

9. bikerhiker

bikerhiker Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 24, 2013
    Canada
    David
    In order for them to remain in the Olympus Trailblazer program, each ambassador has to submit photos to Olympus for marketing purposes. So it's coming from this ambassador Laura Hicks. The question is; where did Laura get this photo if you didn't upload nor give it to her? I saw this photo here on mu43. but didn't you take it with a 7-14 Pro?!? I hope it's a misunderstanding and a mistake.

10. 50orsohours

Oct 13, 2013
    Portland Oregon
    Joe - how did you get credited on FB?

11. Indianpeaksjoe

Oct 1, 2012
    Colorado
    I saw today that they had posted the pic on FB one day after I responded to their tweet. They used the name I use on twitter for attribution. I have replied to that comment asking to remove or update.
    Get Olympus - Timeline Photos | Facebook

I am not too bothered by what may just be a mistake. I am just more bothered that they will not fix it.

Cheers,
    -Joe

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. PacNWMike

PacNWMike Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Dec 5, 2014
    Salish Sea
    guess?
  13. TwoWheels

TwoWheels Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 28, 2014
    British Columbia
    Evan
    Looking at the photo (which is very nice, btw) and the tweet, it looks to me like a mistake rather than an attempt to steal a photo. There's no way anyone would think a photo with that perspective was taken with the 60mm macro when it clearly is a wide angle shot. The "Beauty is in the details" tagline suggests that it was intended to be a macro shot. I suspect that whoever posted the tweet just selected the wrong photo to go with the text. Having said that, it doesn't answer the question of how they got the photo in the first place. And since they posted it, they should make it right.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  14. heli-mech

heli-mech Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 9, 2012
    Vancouver Island, Canada
    Andrew
    Just curious if you were able to get this figured out?

• Agree Agree x 3