Olympus WCON P01 wide converter

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by ronyzmbow, Apr 15, 2012.

1. ronyzmbow

ronyzmbow Mu-43 Rookie

Dec 12, 2011
    Anybody having any experience with Olympus WCON P01 wide converter?
    Sample images?
  2. pczoide

pczoide Mu-43 Rookie

Feb 26, 2012
    Montréal QC

I'm becoming kind of addicted to wide angle lenses. Being a point-and-shooter, I'm in love with the wide view of my 14-42 kit

Did a search a while ago and aside from frhappydave's pics, found almost nothing anywhere.

3. ronyzmbow

ronyzmbow Mu-43 Rookie

Dec 12, 2011
  4. alessandro

alessandro Mu-43 Regular

Jan 29, 2010
    I am testing a relatively cheap solution: nikon WC-E68 applied on the pana 14mm.
    It gives a 9.5/10 mm focal lenght. It needs a bit of de-barrelling and chromatic correction, but looks promising.
  5. everythingsablur

everythingsablur Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 4, 2010
    Toronto, ON
    It's really hard to beat a proper WA/UWA lens, though that does come at a significant price depending on the lens you choose. If you find yourself pinned at 14 on your 14-42, then it might be worthwhile.
  6. phrenic

phrenic Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 13, 2010
    Thanks for sharing the reviews. Anyone have thoughts on the Oly macro converter vs 3rd party close focus lenses like the Raynox?
  7. ahinesdesign

ahinesdesign Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 6, 2011
    NC, USA
    I have the Olympus WA converter for the 14-42 II R, and it works reasonably well. Certainly not the same as a true WA lens, but it does give you more range for the kit lens. I have not used it extensively - 100 images or so? - but find that distortion is not excessive nor are there any other image quality issues that seem to stand out.

I have the macro converter on the way. If I can remember to do so, I'll report back on it's performance after I get a chance to use it.
  8. tothnich

tothnich New to Mu-43

Apr 26, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  9. jlim76

jlim76 New to Mu-43

Jun 14, 2012

My first contributions to the website. The WCON-P01 is now permanently on my 14-42.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. gugarci

gugarci Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 8, 2012
    Lyndhurst, NJ
    I just received my wide angle converter. Build quality looks good but it does not lock in place with a click. Is it supposed to lock in place?
  11. twokatmew

twokatmew Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 1, 2012
    Lansing, MI, US
    Mine locks into place on my 14-42 II R.

Sent from my phone. Please pardon my brevity!
  12. gugarci

gugarci Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 8, 2012
    Lyndhurst, NJ
  13. ilsiu

ilsiu Mu-43 Regular

Dec 4, 2012
    I just received mine yesterday, and I had to turn it quite firmly to engage the click. Once it clicks, it's locked into place pretty good.

Edit: I'm mounting it onto a 14-42 II
  14. gugarci

gugarci Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 8, 2012
    Lyndhurst, NJ
    I tried that and it still would not lock into place. Anyway I decided to exchange for a hood for my new 45mm 1.8.

15. swampduck

swampduck Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 29, 2013
    Taneytown , MD
    I have the Raynox 250. I love this converter. This was taken with my old Canon setup, 90mm Tamron + Raynox 250

Attached Files: