Olympus warranty support

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by silver92b, Jan 2, 2015.

1. silver92b

silver92b Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    Well, as I had reported earlier, I sent the OM-1 back to Olympus with the rear dial issue regarding it not responding. I was relieved to see that it was covered under warranty even though I purchased it on Ebay from an international seller. The camera returned today and I was happy to see that it was indeed in good working order and returned with all the parts I sent. I had sent the battery holder/ grip as well and forgot to remove the battery! They sent that back as well.
    Apparently they replaced the Top Cover Unit and repaired and returned all functions to factory specs. Of course, I wiil need to redo my custom settings, but it's no major deal.. They also tested the A/F, re-calibrated and aligned it, did a firmware download: corrections and adjustments:Address values measured and adjusted, complete cleaning (internal and external). It looks like new!
    I am pleased with the support that Olympus provided me with this time!

XHfev6k.

yNLOBrU.

2. dennisk

dennisk Mu-43 Regular

Jul 4, 2011
    Bay Area, California
    Dennis
    How long was the turnaround? I sent my E-M10 in last week and was wondering what time frame I'm looking at. Thanks in advance.

3. silver92b

silver92b Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    I started the process on the 13th of december......

• Like Like x 1
  4. MarkoPolo

MarkoPolo Mu-43 Regular

Jan 25, 2014
    Greeley, CO
    Mark Brown
    That is good to hear. I hope I never need it, but sounds like it is on par with Canon's repair service.