1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Olympus warranty on used cameras?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by SVQuant, Aug 30, 2016.

1. SVQuant

SVQuant Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 20, 2015
    SF Bay Area, California, USA
    Sameer
    I'm looking to buy a used E-M1 and was wondering how Olympus handles the warranty on cameras which are less than a year old (from purchase date). Should I ask the original owner for their receipt for the initial purchase? Also, has anyone had success buying/using the Olympus extended warranty on used c

2. tkbslc

tkbslc Mu-43 Hall of Famer

3. SVQuant

SVQuant Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 20, 2015
    SF Bay Area, California, USA
    Sameer
    Yes. I saw that as well. I think that it is a pretty standard warranty clause. However, I was curious if people had any success with actually using the warranty in practice. If not, then I would be more inclined towards a refurb (or even a new one).

4. Vivalo

Vivalo Olympus Loser

Nov 16, 2010
    Finland
    I've used Olympus warranty service for one of my previous E-M5, which I bought second hand. I did send in also a copy of the original receipt that I got from the seller. No questions asked. But that was in Finland (EU), so your mileage may vary in other parts of the world.

Edit: actually twice, my second hand E-PM1 was also in warranty service. That time I also had the original receipt.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. PakkyT

PakkyT Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 20, 2015
    New England
    I send a second hand purchased Sigma lens into Precision Camera for repair and submitted the original receipt from the seller and it was covered under warranty. Precision Camera is who handles Olympus's repair work in the USA as well. So yes, DEFINITELY get the original receipt from the seller.

• Informative Informative x 1