Olympus Warranty Information / Help

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by gengo, Jul 21, 2015.

1. gengo

gengo Mu-43 Regular

May 12, 2014
    I apologize if this is the incorrect forum. The "Help and Feedback" forum seemed to be focused on forum issues.

I bought an E-M10 August 2014 from eBay. It was sold as new, and it appears to have been new.

Fast forward to a few weeks ago and the Front Dial (the one used normally in Shutter/Aperture priority modes) starts to click in a grindy way. Not the normal slight click when moving through values, but a grindy click.

The last week, the dial all but completely detaches from the body. The only thing holding it on is the Read Dial above it.

I contact Olympus and they say to send it in with the warranty card. I have the warranty card, but it says "Worldwide Warranty".

Does this mean there is no warranty coverage for me and I will need to pay them to fix it? I think it is about $170 just to send it in to them, no idea if that covers the repair cost or not.

Any advice?

Thank you in advance.
  2. Klorenzo

Klorenzo Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 10, 2014
    AFAIK the worldwide warranty lasts one year so you should be barely still in time. And "worldwide" means that is does not matter where you got the camera from (with a few exceptions) so you should still be covered:

If still in doubt I'd ask Olympus.
  3. gengo

gengo Mu-43 Regular

May 12, 2014
    Thank you so much!