1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Olympus warranty in Australia

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by gnarlydog australia, Sep 10, 2015.

1. gnarlydog australia

gnarlydog australia Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 23, 2015
    Brisbane, Australia
    Damiano Visocnik
    I bought a used E-M5 on eBay in Australia.
    The camera looked and worked great unit I discovered that the shutter was malfunctioning at high speeds (1/500 and above): I would get black images.
    While not a totally uncommon problem (web search) I was fearing my camera was not going to be fully useful: repairing the shutter would cost hundreds of dollars.
    The person that sold it to me was unaware of the problem but was able to provide the receipt from the Australian (legit) store he bought if from.
    Olympus Australia repaired the camera under warranty since it was sourced from an authorized retailer (no grey import) and even replaced the missing eye cup for free.
    As long as the warranty is still valid (2 years) Olympus equipment can be sent in for repair for free. The warranty is transferable.
    Needless to say that suddenly increases my liking of purchasing used Olympus equipment if it is relatively new, as prices on eBay are so much cheaper than new.
    I have now bought several M.Zuiko lenses, all used. Luckily lenses seem to be less finicky with less things that can go wrong.

2. nzdigital

nzdigital Mu-43 Regular

Oct 20, 2010
    New Zealand
    Wayne
    Hi gnarlydog.

I'm in New Zealand and buy on Trademe. That's great to know. Presume it works just the same in New Zealand as long as it isn't grey market?

3. gnarlydog australia

gnarlydog australia Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 23, 2015
    Brisbane, Australia
    Damiano Visocnik
    not sure, but worth asking Olympus if New Zealand is covered too.
    I buy a lot on Gumtree since has way better deals than eBay (smaller audience keeps prices down?)
    ah, forgot to say: between sending the camera for repair and receiving it back from them, just 8 days!