1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Olympus Visionaries and experts.

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Speedliner, Nov 23, 2015.

1. Speedliner

Speedliner Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 2, 2015
    Southern NJ, USA
    Rob
    Hi folks,

I was wondering if anyone had favorite Olympus (any MFT) visionaries and experts that are prolific on YouTube or blogs.

There is so much educational material from Canikon experts out there. I've learned much from several of them about general photography. It dawned on me that Olympus and MFT is hard to find. There are product reviews our there but little "how-to" material with MFT platforms that I can find.

I've watched a few videos from McDonald and Dickman, but they are few, short and thin. Nothing like the content from Nikon Ambassadors for instance, which are rich with everything from general photography to how to accomplish specific tasks and techniques with specific cameras.

You could watch video on AF options for Canon DSLRs for days, but not one for Olympus as an example. A short video of an Olympus user demonstrating how fast a MFT lens snaps focus from a near to far subject pales compared to some of the in depth how-to for other platforms.

So I thought I'd ask in case I just haven't found them.

2. TNcasual

TNcasual Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 2, 2014
    Knoxville, TN
    The guy from Michromatic is a member here. He has some good videos.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Jfrader

Jfrader Guest

I used to follow David H. Wells blog because I know him. I dropped it after awhile because it seemed to just degenerate into a plug-fest for his shows and speaking schedule and his video work, which is of little interest to me.

4. Speedliner

Speedliner Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 2, 2015
    Southern NJ, USA
    Rob
    This isn't meant to be commentary, just a fact I suppose. Olympus' pro community must be weak or there'd be responses hear. A mistake for Oly I think. They'd do better to have a strong model like Nikon's Ambassador program.

Imagine going to YouTube and finding someone like Moose Perterson demonstrating how to use your e-m1 for the very task you were about to undertake.

That would be nice.

5. bikerhiker

bikerhiker Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 24, 2013
    Canada
    David
    The Olympus Pro community isn't weak, but rather it is small. Most pros do demonstrate and teach but they aren't free like the Canon and Nikon because of a large sponsorship commitment (more funds so to speak). I know of a local professional wildlife shooter with a similar caliber to Moose Peterson and his name is David Young. Internationally acclaimed and shoots with the Olympus E-3 first before migrating to an E-M1. Check out his website Wild Bird Photos-#1 by David Young. He got some great Olympus E-M1 reviews and help. If you want his videos, you need to pay cause man's gotta make a living somehow right?

Or

The Wandering Lens Man (Dennis Mook)
    The Wandering Lensman: Further Thoughts on Image Quality Difference Between a Full-Frame Nikon D800E and an Olympus E-M1

Last edited: Dec 20, 2015
    • Like Like x 1