1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Olympus Viewer RAW Exporting

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by lawrenjp, Nov 26, 2014.

1. lawrenjp

lawrenjp Mu-43 Rookie

Sep 29, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    Hey all,

Newbie question here; I can't find a way to easily mass export multiple RAW files once they're done being edited to JPEG in a specific folder. Is this a possible operation, or am I just SOL and have to export these items one by one?

2. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Legend

Jan 29, 2010
    South Gippsland, Australia
    Ray, not Oz
    I've never tried it, but there is a batch processing option when you go to export images.

3. zathras

zathras Mu-43 Regular

Jul 13, 2014
    Waikato, New Zealand
    Chris Nielsen
    I tried it. What a nightmare! From memory you have to save your changes in some weird file then read it back in to do a batch export. Horrible.

4. Splitprism

Splitprism Mu-43 Regular

May 10, 2013
    Angra, Brazil
    This is from memory as I don't have any RAW files to process so bear with me, open the folder containing the RAW files you want to process, use "EDIT" to select all files then start the export process, I think a new window appears which gives you the option to export to a named folder and various other options such as quality/size of images.

If you haven't already done so, create and name a new folder on the desktop, start the export process of all RAW to JPEG files after which the window showing various outputs will open, somewhere in that window you can choose the path to the new named folder you created, when the processing is complete you will have two folders, the original one holding the raw files and the new one holding the JPEGS on your desktop.

I hope that's the question you are asking, if not, please ignore me.

5. YantaYo

YantaYo Mu-43 Regular

Apr 18, 2012
    Colorado
    ????

All I do is select all the images I want to export, hit the export button, set my settings (I export as 16-bit Tiffs to use in Lightroom) and it batches it. I am using Oly 3 ver 1.4. Typically I just export to Tiff and do editing in Lightroom. Just tried editing several images and the edits were maintained in the exported tiff in Lightroom when I batch exported. Could not be simpler.

6. Mattr

Mattr Mu-43 Regular

Aug 5, 2013
    Melbourne, Australia
    Matt Robinson
    +1

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Mu-43 mobile app

7. lawrenjp

lawrenjp Mu-43 Rookie

Sep 29, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    Apparently you have to do the export in the album location, you select multiple in the editing window. And then you have to right click, because the export option isn't available in the main menu. Thanks for your help all, it's not an intuitive workflow...

8. zathras

zathras Mu-43 Regular

Jul 13, 2014
    Waikato, New Zealand
    Chris Nielsen
    Ok so I apparently did an epic fail here? All I could find when I tried was a checkbox for 'export with batch processing file' which you have to first create. I did check the help at the time and came away with the conclusion that was the only way to do it. Just tried what lawrenjp wrote above and it seems to work. Jolly slow though. Sorry to anyone I put crook...

Cheers,

Chris