1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Olympus VF-5 Rumors, possibly 64% more pixels

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Aegon, Oct 2, 2012.

1. Aegon

Aegon Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 3, 2011
    Portland, OR
  2. strang

strang Mu-43 Veteran

May 7, 2012
    Yeah! These EVFs are starting to big higher and higher in resolution.

3. With_Eyes_Unclouded

With_Eyes_Unclouded Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 17, 2012
    Vassilios
    It remains to be seen if it will be first implemented as a standalone viewfinder or as part of a camera ("E-P5" or "E-M7"). I'd just like to point out that it's not only the resolution or color rendering though; refresh rate and lack of artifacts are also considerations.

The major point is that, with offerings from Epson, Sony etc I guess all excuses on the "need for an optical viewfinder" will soon practically disappear.

4. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, USA
    A good optical viewfinder such as those found on FF/FX cameras are superior in gauging true-to-life viewing. I dig my E-M5 EVF, but full-frame OVFs are still superior in my opinion.

5. With_Eyes_Unclouded

With_Eyes_Unclouded Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 17, 2012
    Vassilios
    This is a very looooong discussion, on which I have pretty strong convictions about. I'm not sure what "true to life viewing" means to you, For instance, I prefer "see what you're going to get" vs "guess what you're going to get". But I'd sincerely prefer to not take it any further here; I respect your opinion but I'd be happy to debate it on a dedicated thread.

6. mister_roboto

mister_roboto Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 14, 2011
    Seattle, WA, USA
    Dennis
    More resolution is great. Although like anything to do with pixels- to notice a really big difference you've got to double the resolution.

What I'm really interested in is the refresh rate.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Yohan Pamudji

Yohan Pamudji Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 21, 2012
    Mississippi, USA
    Quadruple resolution--double in both dimensions :wink:

Depends on the refresh rate of the sensor/live view. Personally I'd like to see more color accuracy and configurability. The E-M5 EVF is washed out and still too bright at minimum brightness. I'd also like it to be bigger. I get a bit of tunnel vision when going back and forth between my FF DSLR and the E-M5.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.