1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Olympus VF-1 too tight for hotshoe?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by agentlossing, Oct 28, 2014.

1. agentlossing

agentlossing Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Jun 26, 2013
    Andrew Lossing
    I bought an EP-1 kit with the VF-1, and while it fits perfectly into the EP-1 hotshoe (actually it's a little loose, but not enough to worry about), it seems too large to slide into any of the other hotshoes I have (GX1 and a couple old film cameras). Is this an issue anyone else has run into? I thought of using a screwdriver to widen the hotshoe grooves, but of course I don't want to apply too much force to the top of a camera, and since the mount on the VF-1 is plastic, I don't really want to force that either.

2. Darren Bonner

Darren Bonner Mu-43 All-Pro

May 1, 2013
    Poole UK
    I have the VF-1 to, fits the Olympus EPL5 just fine, but I cannot get it into the Panasonic G5 hotshoe, not that I really need to.

3. agentlossing

Jun 26, 2013
    Andrew Lossing
    So perhaps Olympus hotshoes have a bit more vertical space than other cameras?

4. Darren Bonner

Darren Bonner Mu-43 All-Pro

May 1, 2013
    Poole UK
    It does seem that way, I had a similar problem with the Yongnuo flash triggers, I couldn't push them all the way in at first and wondered why they worked with my EPL5 , but not my G5. :rolleyes: 

5. agentlossing

Jun 26, 2013
    Andrew Lossing
    Weird, well, good to know, thanks!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.