1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Olympus US Drops EM1 to $999 and EM5-II to $899

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by snaimpally, Jun 29, 2015.

1. snaimpally

snaimpally Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 31, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  2. cptobvious

cptobvious Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 8, 2013
  3. Carbonman

Carbonman Mu-43 All-Pro

Jul 10, 2014
    Vancouver BC
    Graham
    No, the Olympus Canada site has raised the lens prices 25-27% as of June 28th. This is very bad news for Canadian Olympus users and will do nothing but hurt their sales volumes and turn potential customers to Panasonic, Fuji and Sony.

4. osamasidat

osamasidat Mu-43 Regular

Aug 26, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    Osama Sidat
    Nope, just as Carbonman pointed out, we no longer have the US "price tags" here.

As a Canadian, I'm sad. Naturally, after the increase by Olympus Canada, Henry's upped their prices as well. I was teetering on a camera (EM-5 II) + lens (75 or 12-40) purchase, but now, it's totally out of the question (since the total price in my cart jumped about $4-500).

5. tkbslc

tkbslc Mu-43 Hall of Famer

I would not be happy about it, either. But when prices were set at parity between U.S. and Canada, you enjoyed a rather substantial discount due to the exchange rate. This price adjustment puts them back in line with US (non-sale) prices.

Maybe think of it more as the ending of a really good and long discount sale rather than a price hike?

6. jo45800

jo45800 Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 23, 2013
    Montreal
    And at the same time, they seem to have remove the access of the refurb store in the canada website :(. I can understand a price rise, but removing the possibility to buy refurbished product from canada, I don't.