Olympus Updater for M1X?

Retief

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Bill Dewey
Oops, noticed I had left out one important bit of information, I am looking for the way to save my settings to a file so I can load them into my second M1X that arrived today.

I found a link to download the Updater, but the M1X is not in the list. Is there a specific one I need, or does the MkII work for the M1X as well? Just got my 2nd M1X today and I want to copy my settings over.

Hopefully in the next day or so I will some images up from an indoor dog agility meet last week. Quite happy so far!

Last edited:

djtaylor7

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
David
You should be able to run the most recent updater and save the settings and mysets to your PC. Whether you can then plug in your second M1X and load the settings from the PC I have no way of testing. With a E-M5 Mkii and a PEN-F it allows me to select the PEN-F settings when the E-M5 Mkii is connected, but not going to test it.

Retief

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Bill Dewey
You should be able to run the most recent updater and save the settings and mysets to your PC. Whether you can then plug in your second M1X and load the settings from the I have no way of testing. With a E-M5 Mkii and a PEN-F it allows me to select the PEF-F settings when the E-M5 Mkii is connected, but not going to test it.
Can't blame you at all! That is exactly why I hesitate.

Thanks for the info.

Retief

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Bill Dewey
Thanks, everyone. I usually never bother with the manufacturer software :oops:

The annoying part was I could not find this information searching last night, either general web search or on the Olympus site. The search did get me to the video above, and the process really is that easy. Must say it save me a bunch of time and effort, no doubt about that!

Now I can get with more important things, like waiting for the cable guy ….

Top Bottom