Olympus UK for repair

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Aniseedvan, Jan 7, 2012.

1. Aniseedvan

Aniseedvan Mu-43 Regular

Sep 25, 2011
    My e-p3 looks like it might need to go to Olympus :(

Took the SD card out tonight to take some photos off from today and it came out strange - realised a small part of the sd card broke off and is still stuck in the slot and it doesn't look like it wasnts to come out with some gentle persuasion..

I bought the camera in london, but live a good hour train trip away, so will have to contact Olympus on Monday.

Anyone got good or bad stories to tell of Olympus customer service?

Needless to say I'm not overly impressed given I've not had the camera that long (and I think this sd card is only a month old as well).

Only silver lining is I got the photos off the card at least!
  2. vchaney

vchaney Mu-43 Regular

Sep 22, 2010
    Olympus service is pretty good, but it sounds like it was the card at fault, not the camera. Definitely worth calling them first. Alternatively Luton Cameras is an authorised service centre and can do that sort of stuff too.
  3. Aniseedvan

Aniseedvan Mu-43 Regular

Sep 25, 2011
    Thanks, closer inspection under a better light and what I thought was a stuck bit of card is actually part of the card slot, that card must have broke elsewhere. Odd, again, I've had sd cards in my small dslr for a long time and no problems.

Luton cameras sounds like an option for me. I'll ring Olympus tomorrow and see where it should go.
  4. foto2021

foto2021 Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 5, 2011
    SE England
    I have used Luton Camera Repairs several times over the years and have had mixed experiences. A Pentax zoom lens sent for service came back with some features no longer working and a Nikon DSLR sent for cleaning ended up with the same dust specks on the sensor, just in different places. I was not satisfied with the company's responses to these problems.

The company seems to have a close relationship with Olympus UK and sells a lot of new/old stock (N.O.S) Four Thirds DSLRs and lenses and compact P&S cameras. The store is worth a look if you are interested. But I would hesitate to recommend the repair service.
  5. Aniseedvan

Aniseedvan Mu-43 Regular

Sep 25, 2011
    Thanks, I've actually sent it off to olympus. Hand delivered it to the dhl hub in Nottingham as I was there for a meeting.
    Can take up to three weeks, glad I have another camera on the meantime! Fingers crossed it's back for a day trip our club has planned for Feb, looking forward to going with just a handbag and laughing at the rest with slr's!
    • Like Like x 1