1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Olympus Trade Up Event - E-M1X for $2,500

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by ijm5012, Apr 29, 2019.

1. billca

billca Mu-43 Regular

Nov 5, 2018
    Thank you, found it.

• Like Like x 1
  2. turbodieselvw

turbodieselvw Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 29, 2010
    Ottawa
    To all Canadians, go to your Olympus account and send Olympus an email about this price discrepancy with regards to the exchange rate. I did it plus I mentioned that they are screwing Canadians with this trade-in offer due to Olympus not considering the difference in the exchange rate. I specifically indicated that I had two EM1s and now have two EM1 MIIs (which I do) plus a bunch of lenses (all the Pro zooms) and that they have lost a loyal customer for good. I also specified that I was going to Henry's tomorrow to look at the Nikon D500 and Z6 as my local Henry's is having a Friends and Family sale (those discounts are great and I walked out with a Nikon D7500, Tamron 150-600 G2 and Sigma 18-300 last year). Well, someone from Olympus called (they have my phone # as I recently send an EM1 MII in for servicing) and left a message indicating that their marketing people are looking into this as they did not consider the difference in the exchange rate when preparing this campaign. So if you want price parity, hold off from buying and send them a message indicating your displeasure in this.

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. Carbonman

Carbonman Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Jul 10, 2014
    Vancouver BC
    Graham
    I just sent off a long, detailed email to emailfeedback@olympus.com. I totaled up the Olympus equipment between my wife and me - 3 bodies and 11 lenses. I would say my opinion as a loyal customer counts somewhat. I'll let this thread know what kind of response I get.

• Like Like x 1
  4. moonhawk

moonhawk Mu-43 Veteran Subscribing Member

Feb 12, 2016
    Dave Cherry
    How long is this deal good for? I can't find the info. I'm out of town for a while, and anything I'd want to trade is back home.

5. HaViet

HaViet Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 20, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    It seems this deal is good I till 6/29

6. pwol

pwol Mu-43 Regular

Apr 21, 2015
    CT
    Has anyone received quotes for their gear? Can you post how much they’re offering? I’m curious and think it would be informative for this thread.

I wonder how much they’d offer for a 12-40, I know I'd be better off selling it myself but if its decent then I might drive down to B&H to swap it for the 12-100. I guess I can just request a quote myself lol (just did it), but still am curious about other offers people are getting.

Last edited: May 4, 2019
  7. moonhawk

moonhawk Mu-43 Veteran Subscribing Member

Feb 12, 2016
    Dave Cherry
    Thanks--I'll be home well before then.

8. ac12

ac12 Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 24, 2018
    $2,500 is almost within reach. A bit higher than a D750 kit.
    But the EM1-mk2 is down at $1,200 after discount.

9. HaViet

HaViet Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 20, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    I am in CT.

I am interested in your 12-40. I will shoot you a PM

10. HaViet

HaViet Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 20, 2014
    Hartford, CT

I wish they also have discounts on the EM5. Not sure I need the EM1 for everyday family/kids photos.

11. ac12

ac12 Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 24, 2018
    Robert's has to make a profit when they sell it, so the offer will be lower than market.

12. turbodieselvw

turbodieselvw Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 29, 2010
    Ottawa
    I wonder if they’ll take an old point and shoot 35mm film camera as trade in lol

13. ac12

ac12 Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 24, 2018
    ARGH
    There are refubished D810 for about $1800 and used ones for less.
    This is the problem with running two systems (m4/3 and DX/FX), money is drawn in two directions.
    Can I please buy both? NO!!!! sigh . . .

Last edited: May 15, 2019
  14. cptobvious

cptobvious Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 8, 2013
  15. ijm5012

ijm5012 Mu-43 Legend Subscribing Member

Oct 2, 2013
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Ian
    I thought you were getting away from FF DSLRs because of the weight?

And yes, running two systems is unnecessarily expensive, which is what drove me to sell off all of my m43 equipment and focus on Nikon.

16. ijm5012

Oct 2, 2013
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Ian
    Get on eBay, and find the cheapest working ILC camera you can (old Canon or Nikon DSLR, Panasnoic G1 or Olympus E-P1, etc.). It won't cost you more than $100, and while it would reduce the overall discount (since you had to spend money on a camera you're trading in), you're not getting hosed on a more recent piece of photography equipment that you could sell for more money through alternative means.

17. ijm5012

Oct 2, 2013
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Ian
    Also, $1,800 USD for a D810 is hardly a deal. Copies in excellent condition have sold for $1,000-$1,200 USD on FM in the past month.

18. Retief

Retief Mu-43 Regular

May 14, 2019
    Marysville, WA
    Bill Dewey
    Not a "fence sitter" anymore, that said this post got me looking and finding that it is good until 6/29 is great! I am, for a number of reasons, "downsizing", this will save me quite a bit of money, for sure.

Trying to understand how this works has not been easy. If I understand the process correctly once I have the coupon, I just tell B&H that I have it, send them a copy, and bingo, $500 savings on an M1X. Correct so far? Can I use multiple coupons as I need to buy 2 bodies and lenses, or does one coupon get me discounts on each piece?

Thanks again, from a very new guy to mu43.

19. ac12

ac12 Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 24, 2018
    I think you use the coupon number and buy from Olympus online.

I would contact Olympus on the multiple item purchase question.

20. ac12

ac12 Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 24, 2018
    I am.
    But I started thinking (yeah dangerous) of using a FF/FX camera as a partial replacement for my MF and view camera, not as a carry camera. IOW going purely for the MP count and the larger sensor. I don't carry the view camera more than 100 feet from the car without a wheeled cart.

Now you got me curious. What is the weight of a Hasselblad compared to a D7200 and a D810.

But in truth I use the larger formats so little that the D810 is a GAS attack, and I need to calm down.

Back to the EM1-mk2 trade-up.

Last edited: May 15, 2019
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.