Olympus Trade Up Event - E-M1X for $2,500

turbodieselvw

Mu-43 Veteran
Canadians get a lesser deal; $500 discount in USD is $650+ CDN. We only get offered $500 CDN, $375 USD. Pretty sure I'll wait until the E-M1 iii comes out and the bottom falls out of E-M1X pricing.
To all Canadians, go to your Olympus account and send Olympus an email about this price discrepancy with regards to the exchange rate. I did it plus I mentioned that they are screwing Canadians with this trade-in offer due to Olympus not considering the difference in the exchange rate. I specifically indicated that I had two EM1s and now have two EM1 MIIs (which I do) plus a bunch of lenses (all the Pro zooms) and that they have lost a loyal customer for good. I also specified that I was going to Henry's tomorrow to look at the Nikon D500 and Z6 as my local Henry's is having a Friends and Family sale (those discounts are great and I walked out with a Nikon D7500, Tamron 150-600 G2 and Sigma 18-300 last year). Well, someone from Olympus called (they have my phone # as I recently send an EM1 MII in for servicing) and left a message indicating that their marketing people are looking into this as they did not consider the difference in the exchange rate when preparing this campaign. So if you want price parity, hold off from buying and send them a message indicating your displeasure in this.

Real Name
Dave Cherry
How long is this deal good for? I can't find the info. I'm out of town for a while, and anything I'd want to trade is back home.

pwol

Mu-43 Regular
Has anyone received quotes for their gear? Can you post how much they’re offering? I’m curious and think it would be informative for this thread.

I wonder how much they’d offer for a 12-40, I know I'd be better off selling it myself but if its decent then I might drive down to B&H to swap it for the 12-100. I guess I can just request a quote myself lol (just did it), but still am curious about other offers people are getting.

Last edited:

HaViet

Mu-43 Veteran
Has anyone received quotes for their gear? Can you post how much they’re offering? I’m curious and think it would be informative for this thread.

I wonder how much they’d offer for a 12-40, I know I'd be better off selling it myself but if its decent then I might drive down to B&H to swap it for the 12-100. I guess I can just request a quote myself lol (just did it), but still am curious about other offers people are getting.
I am in CT.

I am interested in your 12-40. I will shoot you a PM

HaViet

Mu-43 Veteran
$2,500 is almost within reach. A bit higher than a D750 kit.
But the EM1-mk2 is down at $1,200 after discount.

I wish they also have discounts on the EM5. Not sure I need the EM1 for everyday family/kids photos.

ac12

Mu-43 All-Pro

Robert's has to make a profit when they sell it, so the offer will be lower than market.

ac12

Mu-43 All-Pro
ARGH
There are refubished D810 for about $1800 and used ones for less.
This is the problem with running two systems (m4/3 and DX/FX), money is drawn in two directions.
Can I please buy both? NO!!!! sigh . . .

Last edited:
Real Name
Ian
ARGH
There are refubished D810 for about $1800 and used ones for less.
This is the problem with running two systems (m4/3 and DX/FX), money is drawn in two directions.
Can I please buy both? NO!!!! sigh . . .
I thought you were getting away from FF DSLRs because of the weight?

And yes, running two systems is unnecessarily expensive, which is what drove me to sell off all of my m43 equipment and focus on Nikon.

Real Name
Ian
Still on the fence myself. Don't have anything I'd want to trade at a loss - wish Olympus would just do a straight discount.
Get on eBay, and find the cheapest working ILC camera you can (old Canon or Nikon DSLR, Panasnoic G1 or Olympus E-P1, etc.). It won't cost you more than $100, and while it would reduce the overall discount (since you had to spend money on a camera you're trading in), you're not getting hosed on a more recent piece of photography equipment that you could sell for more money through alternative means.

Retief

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Bill Dewey
Trade Up Trade In | Olympus

The event brings the price of the E-M1X down to a more palatable $2500 USD. Is it enough to push any fence-sitters over the edge?

I used this same deal to buy my first E-M1 II through Adorama, and I never even had to send the camera in. They just gave me a discount off the purchase price of the camera.
Not a "fence sitter" anymore, that said this post got me looking and finding that it is good until 6/29 is great! I am, for a number of reasons, "downsizing", this will save me quite a bit of money, for sure.

Trying to understand how this works has not been easy. If I understand the process correctly once I have the coupon, I just tell B&H that I have it, send them a copy, and bingo, $500 savings on an M1X. Correct so far? Can I use multiple coupons as I need to buy 2 bodies and lenses, or does one coupon get me discounts on each piece?

Thanks again, from a very new guy to mu43.

ac12

Mu-43 All-Pro
Not a "fence sitter" anymore, that said this post got me looking and finding that it is good until 6/29 is great! I am, for a number of reasons, "downsizing", this will save me quite a bit of money, for sure.

Trying to understand how this works has not been easy. If I understand the process correctly once I have the coupon, I just tell B&H that I have it, send them a copy, and bingo, $500 savings on an M1X. Correct so far? Can I use multiple coupons as I need to buy 2 bodies and lenses, or does one coupon get me discounts on each piece?

Thanks again, from a very new guy to mu43.
I think you use the coupon number and buy from Olympus online.

I would contact Olympus on the multiple item purchase question.

ac12

Mu-43 All-Pro
I thought you were getting away from FF DSLRs because of the weight?

And yes, running two systems is unnecessarily expensive, which is what drove me to sell off all of my m43 equipment and focus on Nikon.
I am.
But I started thinking (yeah dangerous) of using a FF/FX camera as a partial replacement for my MF and view camera, not as a carry camera. IOW going purely for the MP count and the larger sensor. I don't carry the view camera more than 100 feet from the car without a wheeled cart.

Now you got me curious. What is the weight of a Hasselblad compared to a D7200 and a D810.

But in truth I use the larger formats so little that the D810 is a GAS attack, and I need to calm down.

Back to the EM1-mk2 trade-up.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom